Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

So two separate incidents. Seems even more unlikely.

Whole thing is so random, can't believe he would do it but then find it just as strange to go to the trouble of making it up when there is no tangible benefit other than revenge.  :dontknow:

Exactly, just say how shit he was, don't make something like this up, it just makes them look stupid.

Racism being so du jour is weird.

The cynical part of me is wondering if it isn't some made up thing by Chelsea to get back at him since just moaning about it would achieve nothing for them. Sad that the thought occurred to me and I'm finding it hard to dismiss

I reckon that's exactly what it is.

What were the claims about racial comments by a member of ground staff?  Seem to remember it being Chelsea-related but I think it may have been Chelsea ground staff towards Man Utd players.

Was it towards Evra again?

What were the claims about racial comments by a member of ground staff?  Seem to remember it being Chelsea-related but I think it may have been Chelsea ground staff towards Man Utd players.

Was it towards Evra again?

aye, don't think he was the one who made the complaint but the man u backroom staff I think

Chelsea spouting shit, trying to take away the focus of their fans attacking their own steward and throwing about bits of their own ground. Also taking revenge on their belief that they were wrong done by him.

Quite honestly the FA should make an example of them, no fans for a few games, points deduction etc.

Chelsea spouting shit, trying to take away the focus of their fans attacking their own steward and throwing about bits of their own ground. Also taking revenge on their belief that they were wrong done by him.

Quite honestly the FA should make an example of them, no fans for a few games, points deduction etc.

How on Earth do you know this? :lol:

Oh come on. They get shafted over by two decisions against them, their fans start throwing things onto the pitch and even injuring their own steward. They need an excuse not to have him as a referee again and something to take away the focus on their own fans. Also for the past year or so they have been outed as supporting a player who having said racist remarks and need to give everyone the "We are not racist" look.

Oh and on top of that the referee is recorded, so yeah a well known referee is just going to go ahead and be recorded saying racist things twice in one match and only towards one team and not the other.

Oh come on. They get shafted over by two decisions against them, their fans start throwing things onto the pitch and even injuring their own steward. They need an excuse not to have him as a referee again and something to take away the focus on their own fans. Also for the past year or so they have been outed as supporting a player who having said racist remarks and need to give everyone the "We are not racist" look.

Oh and on top of that the referee is recorded, so yeah a well known referee is just going to go ahead and be recorded saying racist things twice in one match and only towards one team and not the other.

This

Former West Ham forward Savio Nsereko has been arrested in the Thai resort of Pattaya after an apparent false kidnap claim, the Bangkok Post reports.

The former German Under-20 international, who joined the Hammers from Brescia in a reported £9million deal from Brescia in 2009, was arrested by police in Pattaya after reportedly extorting €25,000 from members of his family.

It is alleged Nsereko telephoned members of his family from Thailand, telling them he had been kidnapped and demanding a ransom.

Nsereko's family contacted the German embassy in Thailand, who brought in the police.

The 23-year-old, whose unhappy spell at Upton Park ended after just ten appearances when he was sold to Fiorentina, is now on his way back to Germany to stand trial.

Nsereko is currently contracted to German third tier side SpVgg Unterhaching after several unsuccessful spells in Bulgaria, Italy and Romania.

Chelsea spouting s***, trying to take away the focus of their fans attacking their own steward and throwing about bits of their own ground. Also taking revenge on their belief that they were wrong done by him.

it doesn't balance, I think

To dismiss or accept the claim outright because of circumstance is reckless and foolish. Let the facts emerge or there is somewhere between 25-75 percent chance you will look like an idiot in a week. It is hard to believe that the referee would do this, but it is also hard to believe that a sane footballer (It's not Diouf or something, both players [and Clattenburg tbf] seem to have stable personalities) would accuse another professional of something like this. That sort of criminalistic passion is reserved for supporters spending their whole week's wage on the match, not millionaire footballers. By the accounts Obi was trying to force himself into the referee's room after the match. Something unsavoury definitely occurred between the ref and the players, of this I am certain. It will have undoubtedly been instigated by abuse from the Chelsea players after the red card/offside goal. I just hope Clattenburg is more sensible than to respond with the sort of language, but I would have thought Terry, Suarez, and Emre were more sensible than that. You cannnot know.

How incredible is it, btw, that three months into an England Premier League season with 8-10 legitimately talented sides and what looks to be a tight title and European race upcoming, the main talking point is racism. What a disgusting waste.