Nottm Forest v Newcastle United, 17:20 Saturday 17 October 2009 pre match thread

Astroblack

Should be an easier game than the last two, easy win 3-0.

think you've had too much too drink!! it won't be an easy game and can't see a 3-0 win.  Not sure but don't think we have too good a record down there either.

This game is actually huge for us. Given our form this season, it is extremely important that we bounce back from 2 draws with a win. Anything else and the doubts will creep in for a lot of fans.

Guest BooBoo

Ordered my ticket yesterday for this one. £30 for a Championship match is a bit steep but should be a good one none the less.

I have no idea what the result will be. We look fairly average and quite often have trouble keeping pace with the opposition even at this level, but we do have the ability to get goals from nowhere despite how crap we are playing. What the fuck to make of it? I haven't got a clue.

If everyone is fit

Harper

Zurab

S.Taylor

Colo

Enrique

R Taylor

Smith

Nolan

Jonas

Harewood

Ranger

How does Ranger justify being ahead of Carroll? Carroll's better than Ranger, at the things Ranger's specifically good at. Plus he can shoot and score goals. Still too much man-love for this man.

Harewood was pretty shite like but i bet he'd do better if he had a strike partner that could retain any form of possession in the final third. Going big man little man the other day just encouraged us to pump it long (for the whole knock-down effect presumably), and Harewood simply isn't Carroll when it comes to that. Within minutes of Carroll coming on, he controlled an aimless high ball that was going nowhere - with a man right on his arse - he took it down with absolute ease, sped away and had a shot (should have passed like). Carroll's invaluable to us tbh; he's an automatic starter as far as i'm concerned.

We could do it less frequently but you can't say playing long ball with two big men has proved totally unsuccessful. Especially at home. Leicester, Sheff Wed and Reading (to a lesser extent) were all won thanks to a long ball. It finished Plymouth off n'all. Tbh, you need two big strikers in this league that each have a glimmer of quality, and you're quids in.