Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Given different ownership and personalities running the club I could completely understand the tactful, respectful and diplomatic stance the trust would have taken. But, unfortunately, as such, tact, respect and diplomacy are completely devoid of the people running the gaff, being respectful and diplomatic gets you nowhere with the characters running the club (into the ground) right now. Think it's time to get a little prickly and bolshy, there's nothing to lose whatsoever, get a bit more militant and raise a bit of a fuss about what's happening.

Playing it nicey nicey hasn't, and won't work. No point negotiating with snakes, they'll bite you regardless.  

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, midds said:

Given different ownership and personalities running the club I could completely understand the tactful, respectful and diplomatic stance the trust would have taken. But, unfortunately, as such, tact, respect and diplomacy are completely devoid of the people running the gaff, being respectful and diplomatic gets you nowhere with the characters running the club (into the ground) right now. Think it's time to get a little prickly and bolshy, there's nothing to lose whatsoever, get a bit more militant and raise a bit of a fuss about what's happening.

Playing it nicey nicey hasn't, and won't work. No point negotiating with snakes, they'll bite you regardless.  

We aren't even talking about being militant, just protesting and showing some action would be a start.

2 hours ago, midds said:

This is where I'm at :thup:

2 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Can you not offer to run the Trust twitter account @Heron

I'm probably not best for that sort of thing, maybe a bit too volatile :lol:

I am keen to engage though, preferably at talks both in person and online. I think it's imperative we connect with our members and potential members. :thup:

Guest reefatoon

Keep doing what you are doing @Heron you seem to be fighting the tide, as the rest of the folks seem absolutely oblivious to what is actually going on with the club. You will gain the most support as people just want to fight for their club. 

Can anyone help me with a list of the twitter handles/names for various Toon podcasts, fanzines, etc. Please?

Gallowgate Shots

Newcastle Fans TV

The Mag? 

True Faith

The Trust

NE1s Game

NUFCMatters

There's probably dozens more... 

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

@Heron Just an idea, possibly a shit one, but I wondered if setting up a JustGiving page would be a good idea?

Encourage fans to donate the money they would have spent on their match ticket/match day experience and the total can be donated to a local charity (maybe the Foodbank?)

Think this could be a good shout but rather than direct towards a new JG page maybe just direct them straight to the FB

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Think this could be a good shout but rather than direct towards a new JG page maybe just direct them straight to the FB

The Foodbank have their own just giving type/donations link/page :thup:

Perfect :thup: 

Encourage them to do it and share their donations on Twitter with the #boycottspurs 

Might be worth pulling some form of e-flyer together with the detail which can easily be shared on social media.

Not sure if possible but N-O admin could send a copy of the flyer via email to all members? 

Of course contact the people you’ve mentioned above, .com too (although unlikely to report it) and the local journalists.

Maybe a separate thread on here to discuss it and any ideas? 

37 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People won’t want to sign up to that bollocks. 

The foodbank probably need the money now, rather than in 20 years when Alex finally gives up on his pipedream.

I mean Hearts fans have proven it’s not a pipedteam 

17 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I mean Hearts fans have proven it’s not a pipedteam 

Raising £5 for an SPL club is much different to a PL one, especially when factoring in how much more money would be needed after the initial investment.

Even if we tumbled down the leagues and were sold for £50m like the mackems. Where would the other £100m+ come from that would be needed to turn the club into a competitive one again? Another 10 year whip round?

I won’t go over it again, because it’s been discussed to death - but for those reasons, it will never happen. 

It’s a case of the perfect being the enemy of the good. My pledge money is there if it’s needed should we tumble (I don’t believe it’s beyond the realms) and if not the money I would have spent wasting my time following nufc can go to regional charities. Better than pumping my money into this shitshow.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Raising £5 for an SPL club is much different to a PL one, especially when factoring in how much more money would be needed after the initial investment.

Even if we tumbled down the leagues and were sold for £50m like the mackems. Where would the other £100m+ come from that would be needed to turn the club into a competitive one again? Another 10 year whip round?

I won’t go over it again, because it’s been discussed to death - but for those reasons, it will never happen. 

Aye, what they did was amazing they literally saved the club but the sums needed to do similar here, you’d need to add two zeroes.