Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, SteV said:

One of the current board members advocating a boycott of the friendlies due to the pricing. 

Suggest the Trust need to distance themselves from this and point out it’s a personal opinion asap…..

Edit: Ah, he’s done that himself in a follow-up tweet….

yet they wouldn't support boycotting Ashley :lol: fucking jokers.

Tbf it didn't have owt to do with the Trust, I think everyone else has came out and disagreed. Also the guy isn't a board member apparently - not sure what the difference between board/council member is though?

54 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

Tbf it didn't have owt to do with the Trust, I think everyone else has came out and disagreed. Also the guy isn't a board member apparently - not sure what the difference between board/council member is though?

Yes, that’s a fair point that needs clarifying.

He’s not a board member - council members are volunteers that help out with stuff it seems. As opposed to the elected board members who are actually involved in any decisions that need making.

Not a member but curious. Will NUST ask the important questions on behalf of the fans? Eg fairness of ticket distribution has been talked about in here a lot recently. Should we sell more season tickets/keep more for individual matches? Should season ticket holders be able to buy a spare ticket? Is the loyalty point system fare or is it abused too easily and frequently? Is their another way to issue away tickets? I believe we finally have people in charge of the club who will listen to concerns and address them. I just hope the questions are put to them.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Not a member but curious. Will NUST ask the important questions on behalf of the fans? Eg fairness of ticket distribution has been talked about in here a lot recently. Should we sell more season tickets/keep more for individual matches? Should season ticket holders be able to buy a spare ticket? Is the loyalty point system fare or is it abused too easily and frequently? Is their another way to issue away tickets? I believe we finally have people in charge of the club who will listen to concerns and address them. I just hope the questions are put to them.

I think they are too busy doing this…

f69f62bb-5b79-48aa-b5bf-49b1d3376a79_460

5 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I think Hodough’s plan was for every existing ST holder to be given access to 10 additional tickets each per match.

• 2 weeks later...

NUST Member Vote Result: 1892 Pledge Scheme 

Voting closed for Members on the vote regarding the future of the 1892 Pledge Scheme on Friday 14th January at 17.00.

The Trust can reveal that Members voted resoundingly to agree with the Board and Gaurdian's decision to end the Scheme with 87% of eligible votes cast in favour of ending the Scheme.

Members have endorsed the decisions of both the 1892 Pledge Guardians and Trust Board to end the Scheme. As of 21.00 on 16th January 2022 all active subscriptions were cancelled for the Pledge Scheme and the Trust no longer collects money for the Scheme.

The Trust Board working together with the Pledge Guardians will begin the process in the coming weeks and months to distribute the money raised to charities based in the North East of England.  The process will be thorough to ensure all money goes to those in need and that it is donated with a clear purpose in mind.  Members will be consulted along the way and encouraged to help shape the process of charity selection and we will share more details of how this will take place in due course.

The Trust Board would like to thank Members for their support and their passion for the 1892 Pledge Scheme.  We tried to do something unique for the benefit of Newcastle United and we have raised a huge sum between us that will benefit this part of the world and that means so much to us.

Thank you. We can’t wait to get to work and get your money into our community with your help and your approval.

6 months last week since the vote closed. The bit in bold, have there been any updates?

Guest neesy111

Was thinking what's happened with this money.  Clearly it's been spent on alex's board game or whatever it was.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Numbers said:

How much money was it and what would be the potential interest accrued, this stinks a bit to me like.

Interest will be tiny on it tbh.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Pixelphish said:

Probably stuck it in crypto. 

Can see Alex thinking nfts are good.

Guest neesy111

I feel such a sucker for believing in it in the first place and then putting some money into it.

Just now, neesy111 said:

I feel such a sucker for believing in it in the first place and then putting some money into it.

Think that's the emotion they were playing on. I went the other way and cancelled my NUST membership when they announced it. Was ridiculous.

On 20/07/2022 at 19:50, Joey Linton said:

NUST Member Vote Result: 1892 Pledge Scheme 

Voting closed for Members on the vote regarding the future of the 1892 Pledge Scheme on Friday 14th January at 17.00.

The Trust can reveal that Members voted resoundingly to agree with the Board and Gaurdian's decision to end the Scheme with 87% of eligible votes cast in favour of ending the Scheme.

Members have endorsed the decisions of both the 1892 Pledge Guardians and Trust Board to end the Scheme. As of 21.00 on 16th January 2022 all active subscriptions were cancelled for the Pledge Scheme and the Trust no longer collects money for the Scheme.

The Trust Board working together with the Pledge Guardians will begin the process in the coming weeks and months to distribute the money raised to charities based in the North East of England.  The process will be thorough to ensure all money goes to those in need and that it is donated with a clear purpose in mind.  Members will be consulted along the way and encouraged to help shape the process of charity selection and we will share more details of how this will take place in due course.

The Trust Board would like to thank Members for their support and their passion for the 1892 Pledge Scheme.  We tried to do something unique for the benefit of Newcastle United and we have raised a huge sum between us that will benefit this part of the world and that means so much to us.

Thank you. We can’t wait to get to work and get your money into our community with your help and your approval.

6 months last week since the vote closed. The bit in bold, have there been any updates?

The last I read was that a decision will be made shortly regarding the charities and we'll be updated soon! (notice this was dated over 2 months ago 🙄

Lack of communication is pretty shitty in my view saying it is the fans money. When they finally do decide what to do with it Id want proof the whole lot has been given away

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

The last I read was that a decision will be made shortly regarding the charities and we'll be updated soon! (notice this was dated over 2 months ago 🙄

Lack of communication is pretty shitty in my view saying it is the fans money. When they finally do decide what to do with it Id want proof the whole lot has been given away

Aye it's the lack of communication which is 1/2 the problem as well.  Also the fact they didn't have a plan for when they had to donate the money is pretty clear.