Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

I feel such a sucker for believing in it in the first place and then putting some money into it.

This is me, might email and ask for my money back. They are redundant now and will leave a sour taste regarding any legacy left behind. 

21 hours ago, Sima said:

Wasn’t aware he’d been made the fans spokesperson…

We all voted him as King-Emperor of Newcastle Supporters when you weren't looked Sima.  He is now our high Tory chieftain, and he speaks for all of us - including you.  Whether you like it or not.

22 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think that's the emotion they were playing on. I went the other way and cancelled my NUST membership when they announced it. Was ridiculous.

Always looked like Hurst's ego trip to me tbh - though I'm a cynical bastard.  Completely understand those who dipped their hand in their pocket did so with good reasons - it does feel like their trust has been abused

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We all voted him as King-Emperor of Newcastle Supporters when you weren't looked Sima.  He is now our high Tory chieftain, and he speaks for all of us - including you.  Whether you like it or not.

"Getting the big calls right"

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who’s a member can request the latest balance sheet as at the current year end (which I think is July or august without checking). If they try and fob you off with the submitted ones to FRC say it’s the latest balance sheet you want and not audited accounts. 
im going to follow up with the FRC when I’m back from my holidays. 

Was told on twatter when I asked them :

It will be sorted soon, members will have their vote.

This will happen in the next couple of weeks, They've been talking to charities to put plans in place (this seems a bit weird, which charitys are they talking to if members havent yet cast their votes?)

This came from Thomas_C22 (sorry no idea who he is)

Guest HTT II

I’ve asked for my donation money back, or at least the interest earned on it. Might pay for KWH of electricity or a quarter of an apple!

Guest HTT II

Seriously NUST is now redundant, I was all for them, supported them, Greg is a top bloke and their biggest rik was losing Heron, just look at his work involved with Wor Flags. To say I’m massively disappointed is a massive understatement, they have been the Ashley of Trust’s the last year or so. Just totally absent and downright amateur. I WANT MY MONEY BACK and know where you live Tory boy!

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Was told on twatter when I asked them :

It will be sorted soon, members will have their vote.

This will happen in the next couple of weeks, They've been talking to charities to put plans in place (this seems a bit weird, which charitys are they talking to if members havent yet cast their votes?)

This came from Thomas_C22 (sorry no idea who he is)

Thomas is now the chair. Secretary has stood down and Greg resigned as chair but is still on board. Can’t remember the last communication about it to be fair. Wasn’t in update about members survey or the transition to the new system which didn’t seem to materialise… 

4 minutes ago, Geordie2302 said:

Thomas is now the chair. Secretary has stood down and Greg resigned as chair but is still on board. Can’t remember the last communication about it to be fair. Wasn’t in update about members survey or the transition to the new system which didn’t seem to materialise… 

He did then go on to apologise about the poor comms around it.

To be fair I’m all for a supporters Trust, I think they should play a vital role in a direct line of communication between fans and the club and PL.

The problem we have now is the Trust will always be tainted by the fact that Alex Hurst just re-appointed himself to the board when the takeover went through. It’s basically just an extension of True Faith now and this confirmed it.

It’s a shame for people like Greg, Thomas and Heron who are genuinely top blokes and are in it for the right reasons.