Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

A lot of people making the noise won't remember the likes of Beardsley, Lee, Ginola, Ferdinand etc. Barton is fresher in the memory and it's a shame in terms of the contrast between him and the players. It's no big deal though.

That was great, me lad never gave up booing PDC, hounded him bless  :lol:

Who the fuck did Bernard eat?  :lol: Jesus man, it was awkward watching him, I thought he might die.

So many people it was hard to know who was who especially since I couldn't hear the announcer. Was in the east stand, first time in ages, wtf is it always like that? Amateur shit like.

Highlight for me was seeing maldini play, just oozed class throughout.

Was that's speeds young lads at the end? One of them looked really good.

Remember reading that one of them is into football (and is quite good) and the other is into Tennis or Golf or something.

The fucking PA in the East Stand was a fucking joke. Couldn't hear a fucking thing so didn't know immediately wo was going on/off.

Spoilt it a bit.

Same in the milburn as well.  Though the PA could be faster over just naming some subs.

How hard can it be.....

It was crap in the Gallowgate as well, had to work out for myself when Gary Speed's sons came on, I would have given them a much better reception if the PA system was working properly

Loved it there tonight, superb atmosphere. It's great to have a fun match without fear and negativity in the air. 50k for a reserve keeper's testimonial is extraordinary ;D

Dabizas, Bowyer and Gillespie were definitely our best players, Di Canio was ok. I loved seeing Nolan in black & white again, whilst that Barton tackle on Di Canio got a massive standing ovation. Biggest roar of the night :lol:

At times I swear we were playing better football than Pardew's lot, at other times we were awful! Beresford was comically bad but it's only a friendly. We did one corner that was the best one we've done since the Ba goal!

The night had a few party poopers, though. Was gutted when the linesman ruled out the returning Gillespie/Tino combination and that goalie was having the match of his life! He couldn't wait to save those penalties :lol: Harper's was awful though! A lovely touch was having Speed's kids come on, not that you could tell with that embarassingly bad PA system. Such a great night though, I loved it. :clap:

really enjoyed the match, its was good quality entertainment

pity the goal was off-side

but its a testament to those old players and Barton and Nolan that I was thinking the whole time that they could easily fit into our first team and make it better, if only Padrhoof wasnt managing them and playing them out of position.

dabizas was immense.

Who was it who got booed when he was subbed because half the ground thought it was PDC? :lol:

I swear I saw him go off! Yet he didn't, definitely came over to the touchline.

Shame Tino's goal was ruled offside

I was convinced it was him too until my mate pointed out that he was waiting to take a corner on the opposite side of the pitch :lol:

Should have let Tino's goal stand though the bellends. Highlights for me were John Beresfords marauding runs down the left which left him blowing out of his arse and Tino's scissor kick.

He's right footed.

But he also has a very good left foot, would have been nice to see it in action as well.

To be fair none of them were looking to beat men down the outside :laugh:

Think Gillespie could've still managed it like!