Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

If he didn't keep Stalin on the deal we might have been sold some time ago!  :pow:

:snod: :joker: :colo: :clap: :thup:

I did not think I could feel any more suicidal than when I heard the news. Now I know I was wrong.

Just seen the news, appoiting Hughton is bad enough but selling the name of the stadium, if we actually owned the land it was built ont he club would have truely been arse fucked.

WHAT A CUNT HE IS.

David Craig might as well be Ashleys spokesman! No wonder hes locked up in his Durham office and not on the streets around St James' this morning.

Radio Newcastle are basically taking the piss as well.

We're not going to see that £20 million in any way, shape or form. It'll go on the wages (which, according to Keith Harris, because of our crowds, the parachute payments and reduction in the bill this summer are now 'sustainable'), servicing the debt (back in his pocket) or paying off the overdraft (paying the banks for what he should've been doing this summer).

It'd also be very interesting to see where the money gained from incoming transfers has went. Assuming Llambias was telling the truth when he said the Milner and Given deals were to be paid this summer then taking into account our other sales we should have a solid £40 million sitting somewhere. We know it wasn't used to pay the running costs while he tried to sell (overdraft) so where is it, Mike?

We're not going to see that £20 million in any way, shape or form. It'll go on the wages (which, according to Keith Harris, because of our crowds, the parachute payments and reduction in the bill this summer are now 'sustainable'), servicing the debt (back in his pocket) or paying off the overdraft (paying the banks for what he should've been doing this summer).

It'd also be very interesting to see where the money gained from incoming transfers has went. Assuming Llambias was telling the truth when he said the Milner and Given deals were to be paid this summer then taking into account our other sales we should have a solid £40 million sitting somewhere. We know it wasn't used to pay the running costs while he tried to sell (overdraft) so where is it, Mike?

Fuck knows where it is.

One encouraging thing is that for once, the players, manager and owner all seem to be working together. That's far more important than the approval of NUFC.com, NUST, or any of the other self-appointed voices of the people.

We've not had unity behind the scenes since the early days of Sir Bob's regime, and we've suffered as a result.

Working to-fucking-gether?

All the fat cunt cares about is money. When Taylor and others are sold in January the same fucking idiots will defend him again.

Get it through your head - the man is systematically destroying the fucking club.

One encouraging thing is that for once, the players, manager and owner all seem to be working together. That's far more important than the approval of NUFC.com, NUST, or any of the other self-appointed voices of the people.

We've not had unity behind the scenes since the early days of Sir Bob's regime, and we've suffered as a result.

Working together? Unity? We've essentially got a patsy manager the players can run rings around and owners who will use him as their fucking puppet. Brilliant, great news, i'm ecstatic. Have you watched many games this season? We're top of the league because our players are the best of a shit bunch. It's not because of any great managerial ability otherwise we would have actually turned up in the first half of a game in the last 5. It's not because the owner gives a flying fuck as he has made abundantly clear on a number of occasions. You think he's working for our good or working to squeeze as much cash as he can out the club whilst awaiting the best offer he can hope for and gambling on the hope of promotion. You see where we end up after January, when odds are our squad will be further depleted and fall to the level of those just below us in the Championship - it's been shown from the last 5 games that it only takes a few players to no longer be there (Taylor and Nolan could easily be sold in January) and we'd be totally fucked. You think Hughton and Ashley will work together and bring in players of the same quality and reasonable value using their wealth of footballing knowledge and contacts? Fucking unbelievable.

I have read these boards for a good few years and you've gone from one of the most sensible posters to a total parody of yourself. Whilst I often disagreed with what you said the fact it was well reasoned and interesting always made you one of the best posters on here, now you're so wrapped up in your desperate denialist contrarian outlook that every post makes me cringe.

Working together? Unity? We've essentially got a patsy manager the players can run rings around and owners who will use him as their f***ing puppet. Brilliant, great news, i'm ecstatic. Have you watched many games this season? We're top of the league because our players are the best of a s*** bunch. It's not because of any great managerial ability otherwise we would have actually turned up in the first half of a game in the last 5. It's not because the owner gives a flying f*** as he has made abundantly clear on a number of occasions. You think he's working for our good or working to squeeze as much cash as he can out the club whilst awaiting the best offer he can hope for and gambling on the hope of promotion. You see where we end up after January, when odds are our squad will be further depleted and fall to the level of those just below us in the Championship - it's been shown from the last 5 games that it only takes a few players to no longer be there (Taylor and Nolan could easily be sold in January) and we'd be totally f***ed. You think Hughton and Ashley will work together and bring in players of the same quality and reasonable value using their wealth of footballing knowledge and contacts? f***ing unbelievable.

I have read these boards for a good few years and you've gone from one of the most sensible posters to a total parody of yourself. Whilst I often disagreed with what you said the fact it was well reasoned and interesting always made you one of the best posters on here, now you're so wrapped up in your desperate denialist contrarian outlook that every post makes me cringe.

Got to agree with alot of that.

Working together? Unity? We've essentially got a patsy manager the players can run rings around and owners who will use him as their fucking puppet. Brilliant, great news, i'm ecstatic. Have you watched many games this season? We're top of the league because our players are the best of a shit bunch. It's not because of any great managerial ability otherwise we would have actually turned up in the first half of a game in the last 5. It's not because the owner gives a flying fuck as he has made abundantly clear on a number of occasions. You think he's working for our good or working to squeeze as much cash as he can out the club whilst awaiting the best offer he can hope for and gambling on the hope of promotion. You see where we end up after January, when odds are our squad will be further depleted and fall to the level of those just below us in the Championship - it's been shown from the last 5 games that it only takes a few players to no longer be there (Taylor and Nolan could easily be sold in January) and we'd be totally fucked. You think Hughton and Ashley will work together and bring in players of the same quality and reasonable value using their wealth of footballing knowledge and contacts? Fucking unbelievable.

Well said

Working together? Unity? We've essentially got a patsy manager the players can run rings around and owners who will use him as their f***ing puppet. Brilliant, great news, i'm ecstatic. Have you watched many games this season? We're top of the league because our players are the best of a s*** bunch. It's not because of any great managerial ability otherwise we would have actually turned up in the first half of a game in the last 5. It's not because the owner gives a flying f*** as he has made abundantly clear on a number of occasions. You think he's working for our good or working to squeeze as much cash as he can out the club whilst awaiting the best offer he can hope for and gambling on the hope of promotion. You see where we end up after January, when odds are our squad will be further depleted and fall to the level of those just below us in the Championship - it's been shown from the last 5 games that it only takes a few players to no longer be there (Taylor and Nolan could easily be sold in January) and we'd be totally f***ed. You think Hughton and Ashley will work together and bring in players of the same quality and reasonable value using their wealth of footballing knowledge and contacts? f***ing unbelievable.

Got to agree with alot of that.

Same here. bobyule was one of the more insighhtful posters but seems to have fallen into the trap of sticking to his guns when the facts fly in their face. The only good thing about this farce is that at least Ashley can no longer run the club in limbo under the pretence it's for sale. Not that I think it will make much difference to the operations as I expect him to invest fuck all in real terms with regard to the playing squad/.

Is that why Nolan has come out and said they were begging for players to be added to the squad, yet they were rebuffed? Doesn't sound like they are all working together if you ask me.

One encouraging thing is that for once, the players, manager and owner all seem to be working together.

Only a week ago Ashley said he would have the final say on players and in the same breath he said he knew nowt about football - sums up his trust in Hughton. In the summer he backed him with 0 transfer funds. Hughton has been appointed after his worst run of results, a most unusual decision but easily explained by the fact he feels privileged to be where he is. A manager of pedigree would be insisting upon the funds necessary to address the major squad shortages, a popular manager with major backing from the fans could use this as leverage but Hughton isn't in a position to rock the boat and Ashley knows this. Ashley had his fingers burnt with fan favourite Keegan and in Hughton he has someone who will do as he's told. He's a yes man and a cheap one at that.

There's nothing encouraging about this from what I can see - not a lot has changed other than the fact that any owner coming in next summer will have to compensate Hughton in order to replace him.

I don't believe it'll give Hughton any extra authority over his players and it may even allow some of them to get complacent and take their foot off the gas. He's clearly seen as a soft touch by many people and I agree with nufc.com that he had an awful lot of the player's backing so early in the season.

With an owner like Ashley we need someone who will rock the boat, ask awkward questions and keep the fat man accountable. A yes man operating under Ashley is a disaster waiting to happen, the guy even said himself he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Guest Brazilianbob

Can't see what all the fuss is about.  Not being on the market and having a full time manager may bring a bit of much needed stability.  Having Hughton on an 18 month contract is far better than the likes of fat sam on a 5 year mega deal that has to be paid up if it all goes t*ts up after 12 months.  Also £20m should see a few loan/permanent players in Jan, if not before, and as for renaming the stadium, if some mug wants to give us mega bucks, then thats great, because it will always be SJP to me.

One encouraging thing is that for once, the players, manager and owner all seem to be working together.

Only a week ago Ashley said he would have the final say on players and in the same breath he said he knew nowt about football - sums up his trust in Hughton. In the summer he backed him with 0 transfer funds. Hughton has been appointed after his worst run of results, a most unusual decision but easily explained by the fact he feels privileged to be where he is. A manager of pedigree would be insisting upon the funds necessary to address the major squad shortages, a fan with major backing by the fans could use this but Hughton isn't in a position to rock the boat and Ashley knows this. He's a yes man and a cheap one at that.

There's nothing encouraging about this from what I can see - not a lot has changed other than the fact that any owner coming in next summer will have to compensate Hughton in order to replace him.

I don't believe it'll give Hughton any extra authority over his players and it may even allow some of them to get complacent and take their foot off the gas. He's clearly seen as a soft touch by many people and I agree with nufc.com that he had an awful lot of the player's backing so early in the season.

With an owner like Ashley we need someone who will rock the boat, ask awkward questions and keep the fat man accountable. A yes man operating under Ashley is a disaster waiting to happen, the guy even said himself he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Aye but someone who wont basically agree with Ashley will be forced out.

Numerous players have mentioned how small the squad is, who was/is that  aimed at. I cant see J.Barton being fan of Ashley either after they tried to dump him (rightly so as well). Of course Chryesman Houghton is going to be behind him as Ashley has just given him a contract with the most amount of ££££'s he has ever made.