Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

Ashley will not get nearly as much money as he thinks from renaming the stadium:

1. Its an established stadium that will be called St James Park by all locals no matter the sign on the outside - its not newly built

2. Who is going to invest in a rename/rebranding and deal with Ashley given his recent history with investors? Ashley has just f*cked Moat, paid Freshfields late, f*cked his shareholders in the City with Sports Direct PO, talked endless shit about all of his former managers and former employers, totally f*cked Freddie Sheperd, and f*cked everyone who has considered investment into NUFC - he's running out of people to swindle

1. They wont care about that, the exposure they'll get on Sky et al. will be enough for them.

2. You'd be surprised, especially as it'll probably be a lovely, lucrative shirt 'n' stadia deal for whoever wants the rights.

What's the problem with naming rights?

If it brings in some serious wedge I couldn't give a flying fuck what its called.

Serious wedge for us to spend on...loan signings?

It won't be serious wedge, and we'll have flogged part of our history to the highest bidder.

We're like a tramp dancing for 10p man

Wraith speaking a lot of sense for once

Yeah? I thought it was a totally incoherent ramble.

There's no point in the club changing hands unless it's going to someone who can take things forward and provide fresh investment. I can't see that Moat was able to offer anything other than not being Mike Ashley.

Guest toonlass

If it brings in some serious wedge I couldn't give a flying fuck what its called.

Serious wedge for us to spend on...loan signings?

It won't be serious wedge, and we'll have flogged part of our history to the highest bidder.

We're like a tramp dancing for 10p man

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-9.jpg

From nufc.com match report vs Donny:

one stoppage in play accompanied by a loud rendition of the "get out of our club" ditty, which left home players looking at each other blankly.

Not that I noticed any players looking confused (hard to from level 7), but hopefully they have clicked on as to what we meant now!

Wraith speaking a lot of sense for once

There's no point in the club changing hands unless it's going to someone who can take things forward and provide fresh investment. I can't see that Moat was able to offer anything other than not being Mike Ashley.

If Booby is talking like this all the time can we please have NE5 back in here.

Fast forward to 2nd week of next May.... Mike Ashley puts the club up for sale for the 3rd time and says he wants 70million pounds up front for the struggling Championship club.

Fast forward to last week of next May.... Derek Lambias, having streaked across the pitch naked says that 7 offers of over £70 million have been received fr9m prospective buyers and that Seymour Pierce have been re-appointed to oversee the sale of the club.

Seymour Pierce say that a sale will probably go through by the end of June.

Fast forward to next June... No new signings. Last players from relegated side of 2009 sold for a combined  total of £3.5 million.

Fast forward to next July... Club will be sold soon says Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce. Barry Moat offers Mike Ashley £10 million for Newcastle United.

Fast forward to  day before transfer deadline day next August... Ashley announces that prospective buyers of the club will not pay the money he wants for the club so he is taking Newcastle United off the market again. Hughtons contract is extended by 5 years due to the remarkable work he has done in helping NUFC reach 13 th place in the Championship last season.

Fast forward to transfer deadline  day next August.. Newcastle secure signings  of Dean Windass, Paul Huntington and Teddy Sheringham to complement the remaining 10 members of the squad. The gibbering, slavering David Craig of Sky Sports News complements "Mike" for his sterling efforts at running NUFC and tells the country that the geordie fans are now 100 % behind Mike and Derek!

Fast foward to next October.... Newcastle United after 9 succesive defeats so far this season  appoint Dennis Wise as Chris Hughtons assistant.

Dennis  has vast experience in identifying players and has worked very successfully at the club before says Derek Llambias.

:lol:

:weep:

Nah, that'll never happen - surely Lablias will say that there are more than two offers of £70 million.  The rest has potential though.

Guest Geordiekev

If it brings in some serious wedge I couldn't give a flying f*** what its called.

Your having a fuckin laugh, what serious wedge do you suppose Ashley will put back into the club, have you been a kip for the past couple year..

Forgive and forget then ehh..

What's this £20m for then?

It can't be for transfers so he's basically admitting that he was starving the club.

If it saves us selling anyone else in January it will be a start tbh.

Do you believe that will be the case?

It can't be for transfers so he's basically admitting that he was starving the club.

afraid it wont. :(

I'd like to think so.

If it's not to buy players with, what do you think it could be for other than to stave off any further sales?

I think his best chance now is to get us promoted, and there's a chance he could do that by retaining what we have already.  I can't see any value to him in us kicking around in this division though.

cover loses and maximise the chances of getting back to the prem which is what ashley wants, more money for the club that way through tv deal sponsership and "naming rights" so he doesnt have to put his hand in his pocket to keep it running and he has a chance of getting more money for the club through a sale

Moat would probably offer what we need most and Ashley will never offer, stability.

The thing about the naming thing is that it's completely irreversible.  Even if we ever get rid of Ashley, no club nowadays goes from sponsored ground name to "traditional" name, this is Ashley's permanent legacy.

Where the fuck are our hooligans?  Come on you cunts, it's all very well smashing pub windas and throwing coins, where are you when we actually need some headcases to torch a car or bottle a fatso?