Which Premier League striker?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Technique is what i meant by skill, basically. I disagree about vision, the amount of times Drogba plays the right ball in the final is the final third is astonishing.

He does yes. I just think Rooney's vision is what sets him apart a lot of the time, he sees things in the blink of an eye that other players don't appreciate. Just a shame he hasn't developed into the player he could have become due to his mentality and the fact he has sacrificed himself for the greater good. Still a class player obviously who is more polished now. Just not as dynamic as he once was.

Rooney is the in-between player. Has some of Drogba's strength and some of Torres finishing ability, but both those players lead the field in their respective positions and lightning pace. Rooney's a wonderful player but I think the other two are more out and out strikers, Rooney is more of a deep-lying forward.

Technique is what i meant by skill, basically. I disagree about vision, the amount of times Drogba plays the right ball in the final is the final third is astonishing.

He does yes. I just think Rooney's vision is what sets him apart a lot of the time, he sees things in the blink of an eye that other players don't appreciate. Just a shame he hasn't developed into the player he could have become due to his mentality and the fact he has sacrificed himself for the greater good. Still a class player obviously who is more polished now. Just not as dynamic as he once was.

I think he could get there. Give Fergie a couple of years to really build this ManU side around him. He's got it all really, he just can't use it all all the time. His finishing probably is his biggest weakness I agree, he's started rattling them in at international level now though. I know very few players transform the way Drog did but his level at 23/24 shows you how far Rooney could yet go. I like him a lot as a player, bit of fire in the belly without being a complete cunt, I'd love to see him fulfill his potential and be genuinely regarded at the same level that Ronaldo and Messi currently are.

I think he could get there. Give Fergie a couple of years to really build this ManU side around him. He's got it all really, he just can't use it all all the time. His finishing probably is his biggest weakness I agree, he's started rattling them in at international level now though. I know very few players transform the way Drog did but his level at 23/24 shows you how far Rooney could yet go. I like him a lot as a player, bit of fire in the belly without being a complete cunt, I'd love to see him fulfill his potential and be genuinely regarded at the same level that Ronaldo and Messi currently are.

The thing is he has never come anywhere near reaching his 2004 form for a good while now. By that I mean playing with no fear, driving a team on by himself with the flair mixed in.

Forgotten where it is but there's an article about how the Everton Rooney was more feared than the current version. Makes for interesting reading.

It's one of the best articles I've read and it is something I wholeheartedly agree with. Shame the current lot of pundits won't dare mention such a thing though.

I'll go with the Drog. Although I rate Torres more as a pure goalscorer, I think Drogba adds more to the overall play of the team, while Torres doesn't participate as much.

Rooney really doesn't belong to the same category as these two in my opinion. Great player though, and still can improve.

I'll go with the Drog. Although I rate Torres more as a pure goalscorer, I think Drogba adds more to the overall play of the team, while Torres doesn't participate as much.

Rooney really doesn't belong to the same category as these two in my opinion. Great player though, and still can improve.

fair post.

Guest sittingontheball

I'll third that. As for Rooney and the potential he showed when he was younger, I think ManUre fans have been hiding behind the excuse that Rooney always sacrificed his own play to benefit a team shaped around Cristiano Ronaldo. Well, Ronaldo has got nine in seven for Real without young Wayne putting it on a plate, so I think we can dismiss that theory as bollocks.

None of the three would make my all-time top Prem three by the way, who would be Shearer (Blackburn era sadly), Henry and Cristiano Ronaldo. I think those three are on a completely different level again.

I love the way Drogba plays, except the diving.

Rooney is an all-rounder and brilliant at what he does.

Torres has the ability to complete confound a defender and score goals nobody else would, also very very quick.

I can't choose, I'd probably go for Torres if I had other world class players around him. Otherwise Drobga/Rooney.