Which Premier League striker?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

not many of you know your football on here most managers in prem would pick rooney

Rooney is a great forward, I think his game has been hamred since he started to drop back, towards the midfield/AM role. I'd have him pushing further forward, then he would score more goals.

No doubt about it, Rooney when he's upfront is England's best forward, probs the best of all time.

:lol:

different type of strikers... that which confusing...

torres is about pace, agility, technical ability.

drogba is  powerful striker... which involved the game with his strength.

rooney got enormous work rate, also very good team player.

i want all three of them. by playing torres & drogba up front. with rooney playing as hole attacker. it will be unstoppable tridente.

Guest firetotheworks

They're all outstanding players, but simply because he's in a team that cant hold a torch to him I'd go for Torres. He does it against the top teams too. Rooney is a different type of player, like a number 10/striker hybrid, whereas Drogba and Torres are out and out and are simply unstoppable. I'd be interested to see what Drogba would like like in Liverpool's team, and vice versa. There's definitely that element about Torres where you're surprised at what he's capable of, usually when he's merking Rio and Vidic, or lashing them in from ridiculous angles.

I think it's good that you can always make an argument for each of them though, they're all fan-f***ing-brilliant.

Guest firetotheworks

Drogba comfortably.

A pacy centre half can do a bit of a job on Torres while Rooney does nothing in big games.

I'd probably have Anelka over Rooney if I'm honest. Maybe even RVP.

Examples?

Considering most of the league is shit it doesn't really matter about their record against the top 3, it's the record against the other 16-17 teams for me.

Saying that, I have no idea who to go for. Went for Rooney just for footballing genius but I wouldn't take that as my final answer. We are lucky to have all three.

Drogba comfortably.

A pacy centre half can do a bit of a job on Torres while Rooney does nothing in big games.

I'd probably have Anelka over Rooney if I'm honest. Maybe even RVP.

Examples?

Rio before his injuries did a good job against him. Bassong was particularly effective against him earlier in the season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rooney is the better all-rounder, he has Drogba's strength, brute force and mean streak while he also has Torres' finesse and pace. Rooney can also create and link up play in a way those two cannot, so I would personally choose him as the better player.

Rooney is the better all-rounder, he has Drogba's strength, brute force and mean streak while he also has Torres' finesse and pace. Rooney can also create and link up play in a way those two cannot, so I would personally choose him as the better player.

Has the touch of Zidane and the dribbling ability of Maradona aswell tbh.  He's the best ever.

Lol. As if Rooney has the strength of Drogba or the pace and finesse of Torres.

Ask yourself where Rooney was in both Champions League finals? Or if he has ever produced a big performance against Liverpool or Chelsea?

Drogba is consistently superb in big games and, for that reason, he's ahead of Torres and miles ahead of Rooney.

None of this is true. None.

Rooney is strong but not Drogba strong, especially in and around the box. Have you ever seen Rooney bully a "strong" defender the way Drogba has done Carragher? (Senderos or even Bramble for that matter?).

Torres is deceptively strong, quicker and in conclusion. A bit of an assassin.

CL QF against Arsenal, was it a volley? Either way it was just BANG! Torres. Only - on him is that he sometimes ghosts away from home.

Drogba offers more to a team than Rooney IMO and is great in the air defensively.

Rooney for me. Has more all-round, can link up with another striker or play up front alone, can drop deep for the ball and push defenders back making space for teammates. He's also good in the air, has a superb first touch and can score every type of goal.

He's one of the only players in the Prem I'd pay to watch, I genuinely think he's a magnificent player.

Rooney is more like a wee pitbull in that he'll always make defenders work by chasing balls and making lunging tackles, but when it comes to natural brute force strength, Drogba is in a different league.  Holding up the ball, shrugging off defenders etc..

Torres is just as strong as Rooney when it comes to challenging with defenders.  As the College Dropout said, he is deceptively strong.  When do you ever see him getting constantly bullied by a defender? Never.  Just look how easily he shrugged off Rio last week and that's without even being 100% fit.  He's also faster and more clinical infront of goal.

Drog shades it from Torres who is slightly further ahead of Rooney. That's at the moment, with all three on top of their game. Rooney has the potential to be the best I think, he's got it all. Can't think of a genuine weakness in his game.

Drog shades it from Torres who is slightly further ahead of Rooney. That's at the moment, with all three on top of their game. Rooney has the potential to be the best I think, he's got it all. Can't think of a genuine weakness in his game.

I'd say his finishing isn't as good as the above two. Yes he is capable of scoring more spectacular goals (although doesn't really seem to now) but he does miss a lot of chances.