2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

The seeds: Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, South Africa, Spain

Each will face one team in pot two - a team from Asia, north or central America, or Oceania - one team from pot three - which has five African and three South American sides - and one from the exclusively European pot four.

Pot 2 - Australia, Chile, Japan, New Zealand, North Korea, Mexico, South Korea, USA

Pot 3 - Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Uruguay, Paraguay

Pot 4 - Denmark, Greece, France, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Switzerland

Guest Geordiesned

Does anyone know for certain the kick off times for the group games and beyond? Im hoping it will be approx 4pm and 8pm our time seeing as they are only about 2 hours ahead of us?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/preliminarydraw/64/42/24/2010fwc_matchschedule_1103.pdf

The provisional kick off times issued by FIFA are (UK time):

Group Phase:

12:30 (Matchdays 1 & 2)

15:00 (Matchdays 1 to 3)

19:30 (Matchdays 1 to 3)

Round of 16 and Quarter Finals:

15:00

19:30

From Semi Finals onwards:

19:30

Seems ridiculous that there'll be a gap of more than 2.5 hours between the 3pm match finishing and the 7:30pm match starting. FIFA are apparently trying to have standarsized kick off times througout the tournament.

The 12:30pm kick offs seem very early as well bearing in mind South Africa is only 1 hour ahead of UK time.

Oh well, just as well I've booked plenty time off work already. :D

Guest optimistic nit

The seeds: Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, South Africa, Spain

Each will face one team in pot two - a team from Asia, north or central America, or Oceania - one team from pot three - which has five African and three South American sides - and one from the exclusively European pot four.

Pot 2 - Australia, Chile, Japan, New Zealand, North Korea, Mexico, South Korea, USA

Pot 3 - Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Uruguay, Paraguay

Pot 4 - Denmark, Greece, France, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Switzerland

unless there is something bizzare in the rules chile and honduras are the other way around.

New Zealand, Nigeria and Switzerland please.

Honduras from that pot surely?

I'd still fancy us to beat Nigeria and qualify from ease but it'd be good to get a slightly tougher game under our belt to get us going. Plus I like the age-cheating jokes which would be easier and more appropriate if we actually played them.

Honduras aren't even in that pot, don't be ridiculous man.

Guest Geordiesned

unless there is something bizzare in the rules chile and honduras are the other way around.

You're right!

From the BBC site:

Pots for Friday's draw: eight groups of four countries to be drawn, each group containing one country from each pot.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

Guest Geordiesned

New Zealand, Nigeria and Switzerland please.

Honduras from that pot surely?

I'd still fancy us to beat Nigeria and qualify from ease but it'd be good to get a slightly tougher game under our belt to get us going. Plus I like the age-cheating jokes which would be easier and more appropriate if we actually played them.

Honduras aren't even in that pot, don't be ridiculous man.

:lol:

I'm hoping for a group of

Brazil

Mexico

Ivory Coast

France

Because this way we'll have to come out firing directly against two teams that always cause us problems in France and Mexico and then beat a physically strong African Nation in Ivory Coast.

I hope we get a nails draw tbh. Toughen us up - you've got to beat the best to be the best anyway. Playing muppets like those from Trinidad and Tobago and Ecuador do nowt for you when you end up against the likes of Portugal later on.

Is France not getting seeded some pathetic attempt from FIFA to save face? I mean, 1998 champions, 2006 finalists... I thought seeds were based on past WC performance.

The seeding was based on the October 2009 FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and seven squads joined hosts South Africa as seeded teams for the Final Draw

when's the draw?

Friday, 1715 GMT on BBC2 I think.

17:45 according to article above.

How come the they are playing at such shit times though? They should move the two early kick offs one hour later at least, fuck the massive gap between the second and third game.

when's the draw?

How come the they are playing at such shit times though? They should move the two early kick offs one hour later at least, fuck the massive gap between the second and third game.

Ah right. That sort of time, anyway.

Am I the only one who isn't too unhappy about the kick-off times?

Guest Geordiesned

when's the draw?

Ah right. That sort of time, anyway.

Am I the only one who isn't too unhappy about the kick-off times?

Since I've got leave booked for every early kick off I couldn't care less when they are.  :coolsmiley: