Kilgallon is a filthy mackem

Theregulars

Defoe has always hovered around the ten mark. Is he not good enough either?

Have a think, see if you can eventually work out the difference.

seen a lot of beckford have we? In fact, are you a scout? As you seem to know a lot of 'facts' about an awful lot of players?

Serious question btw

I generally go to Leeds games once a month or so, so yeah i've seen him play a fair few times.

Beckford is a possibility but not at the prices Leeds are quoting. I expect us to make a bid of 1.5 million for Beckford and the same for Kilgallon in January, possibly upping bids as far as 2 million and no more.

Hughton has said that talks with Ashley yestersday revealed backing for new signings and noone to leave. I think Taylor will definitely stay until the end of the season depending on whether we get promoted or not. If we go up, he will stay. If we dont, he is gone.

Expect Moyes to come in with a bid of 6 million in January only to be told to double it.

Ronaldo

You do not know that. It is an assumption which can only be proven if the lad is given a chance.

I doubt anyone at Fulham originally thought Malcolm MacDonald would become an England centre forward when he was playing left back at the time as well as numerous cases of lower league players making it big over the years.

Beckford is a possibility but not at the prices Leeds are quoting. I expect us to make a bid of 1.5 million for Beckford and the same for Kilgallon in January, possibly upping bids as far as 2 million and no more.

Hughton has said that talks with Ashley yestersday revealed backing for new signings and noone to leave. I think Taylor will definitely stay until the end of the season depending on whether we get promoted or not. If we go up, he will stay. If we dont, he is gone.

Expect Moyes to come in with a bid of 6 million in January only to be told to double it.

;D

HULL boss Phil Brown is set to hijack Matt Kilgallon’s £2million move to Newcastle.

The Sheffield United defender is destined to leave Bramall Lane in the January transfer window after rejecting a new contract at the Championship club.

Boss Kevin Blackwell is resigned to losing Kilgallon – with Newcastle boss Chris Hughton in pole position to sign him for the Toon next month. But defensive problems at Hull have persuaded Brown to enter the race for the former England Under-21 star.

Under-pressure Brown, who needs to keep getting results to stay in charge, has never managed to replace Michael Turner following his £6m move to  Sunderland. The Tigers boss still has concerns over the form of Guinea international Kamil Zayatte, 24.

He believes Kilgallon could help shore up his leaky defence as Hull battle to stay in the top fl ight.

New chairman Adam Pearson has promised to back Brown in the transfer market and he hopes to lure Kilgallon by offering him a three-year deal worth around £25,000 a week.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/110529/Phil-Brown-hijacks-Newcastle-move-/

I think Beckford will (and would be mental not to) see out his contract & leave Leeds in the summer rather than in January.

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/headlines/Hull-City-Halmosi-offered-Kilgallon-bid/article-1576145-detail/article.html

HULL City will offer a cash plus player deal to secure the services of Sheffield United's Matthew Kilgallon in the January transfer window.

Peter Halmosi will be offered to the Blades as part of the deal, accoring to today's national Daily Mail.

​ Newcastle have so far led the way in the chase for centre half Kilgallon, 25, but it is thought City could step in and tempt the player, who is out of contract at the end of the season, with an offer of Premier League football.

The Tigers would face competition from Wigan and Bolton, but it is thought a player plus cash deal would suit Sheffield United, rather than a pure cash offer, because there is a sell-on fee involved.

Kilgallon's former club, Leeds United, are entitled to 20 per cent of any fee he commands in excess of £1m.

Halmosi is widely expected to depart the KC in January after a poor spell with the Tigers following his £2m move from Plymouth in the summer of 2008.

Blackpool have been linked with the player, but wages believed to be in the region of £20,000 a week have made it difficult for clubs to afford him.

How long for though?

Just shows you how mad football is Peter Halmosi = £20K a week

Sheff Utd have conceded 30 goals already this season, including lots at home. He's a good championship defender tbf and I would have liked to have signed him for cover in August. It's a different story now though, Kadar has emerged, we're less than 6 months from the premiership and he'd be surplus in that league.

Sheff Utd have conceded 30 goals already this season, including lots at home. He's a good championship defender tbf and I would have liked to have signed him for cover in August. It's a different story now though, Kadar has emerged, we're less than 6 months from the premiership and he'd be surplus in that league.

you have a point but surely we'll struggle to attract (young) defenders of much higher quality.. if the fee is low, signing him up is a no-brainer.

I'd agree.  I haven't really watched him much to be honest but I think he play Sheff Utd's POTY last year and as long as we keep Taylor and Colo he should be a decent back up. 

Their can't be that many bottom half PL teams with better back ups than Kilgallon, who the hell are Wolves and Hull etc. third choice CBs?  Price has to be right obviously but he won't be that much, not with his contract running out.

Guest Heneage

I would rather try and evaluate him than their defence as a whole, it's harsh to say they've conceeded lots so he must be shit.

From those who've watched him - is he that old/does he even have potential to be decent in the Premier League? I'd be happy going into next season with Taylor and Coloccini as the first choice pairing, but we're going to need cover anyway and we won't be keeping Khizanishvilli.