Kilgallon is a filthy mackem

Theregulars

Guest marky555

SSN just said Kilgallon is due to have a medical with Middlesborough. ???

I seen that, I honestly think SSN have made a mistake with that. Blatently meant to say Sunderland.

Guest Roger Kint

Is he really any better than what they have?

No, unless he will play til injuries clear up as Cana was dogshit at CB this month. Long term i cant see how he will play a main role

Heh, seriously, I've never seen/noticed him play, in fact I haven't even heard anyone say anything decent about the lad since we were linked with him.  Not much to care about like. :)

If we were signing him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's about it.

I though he'd be an unspectacular signing for us, so even more so for them.

I have to agree with this. My knowledge of Championship players is embarrasingly poor, I have no clue who Mike Whatseverhisname or had much of a clue who Kilgallon was before we were linked with him, so I'm not exactly well informed. But the only time I saw him play against us, I was completely underwhelmed.

The Mackems are one bad injury to Bent away from a serious relegation scrap.

I think Bent is the only thing keeping Sunderland away from the relegation battle, not that I wish injury on any player, but here's hoping :)

Guest neesy111

their already in one imo, he's going to have a bad spell sooner or later where they can't rely on his goals, they are only 4 points from the relegation zone, i'm sure they had a similar amount of points this time last season and got dragged in, and bruce has relegated a team before

their already in one imo, he's going to have a bad spell sooner or later where they can't rely on his goals, they are only 4 points from the relegation zone, i'm sure they had a similar amount of points this time last season and got dragged in, and bruce has relegated a team before

It's all wishful thinking, the teams in their already are fuking dire, how on earth we went down and Portsmouth stayed up is beyond me, Bruce is a better manager now, and their team is better than last year. It's not going to be an easy mid table season like the hoped, but they are much better than the others below em. Portsmouth, Hull & Bolton are shite, Wolves work well but are easily a weaker team than Sunderland.

he was coming here to be back-up for taylor/colo......so i dunno how this can be a good signing for the mackems

lots on SMB seem to agree. also they cant  need a cover for the fifth choice? strange signing.

he was coming here to be back-up for taylor/colo......so i dunno how this can be a good signing for the mackems

lots on SMB seem to agree. also they cant  need a cover for the fifth choice? strange signing.

Maybe Anton is off to Spuds?

Taylor and Colo are both better than any centre backs that The Mackams have to offer

Mensah is better imo but a sicknote. Taylor has all the attributes to be a good Prem defender but has been prone to the odd clanger in the past.

Coloccini was woeful last season most times I saw him.

I always had a suspicion that Bruce has a slightly scatter gun approach when it comes to signings, a bit like Fat Sam. Wouldn't surprise me if he's never sen Kilgallon but went in on the back of us and Everton being keen.