Kilgallon is a filthy mackem

Theregulars

Spurs have spent £150m on players in 3 windows, no sane person would expect us to spend even a 5th of that in that time.

If we want to keep up with the these clubs we must at least compete with them (in the long term of course), if we don't we will not ever get back into Europe, which even now must be the long term goal.

If we sign Kilgallon's we won't stay in the premiership very long.

Hey!

That's my wife's half-brother you're slagging off there.

If anyone is going to tell him he's not good enough for the prem, it's going to be me.

Guest kingdawson

One thing i've never understood. Why did Nottingham Forest agree to release Kris Commons from his contract when he still had about a year left, and a lot of clubs were actually interested in him at the time which would have enabled them to get a fee?

Guest Roger Kint

Spurs have spent £150m on players in 3 windows, no sane person would expect us to spend even a 5th of that in that time.

If we want to keep up with the these clubs we must at least compete with them (in the long term of course), if we don't we will not ever get back into Europe, which even now must be the long term goal.

If we sign Kilgallon's we won't stay in the premiership very long.

Well by all means waste time discussing the long term. Theres 3 far far more pressing matters before that ie Getting Up, Staying Up and Pushing On to mid table.

This 'we must compete with the likes of West Ham and Sunderland' is utter crap for the situation that we are in at the moment.

The sorts of mid-table signings that they are attributed to like Upson etc. will not even look at us when we're in the Championship, so what are we supposed to do? Not sign anyone this season? That'll end in tears when the likes of Taylor and Nolan and Guthrie get injured and we're left with no cover.

We make signings to get us up to the PL then we focus in the summer on players that will keep us there. Kilgallon may not be PL quality, be he is good enough to play in a promotion-pushing team IMO.

With a squad lacking in quality in depth, we can't afford to think long term.

The lads on a free next season, I'd be happy picking him up for nothing then regardless of what division were in, seems a canny defender.

They don't want to loan him and let him leave, I reckon we should offer them Geremi or and Butt in a swapsy  :lol: You never know, they might go for it.

I've been one of Coloccini's biggest fans since he arrived, but even I wouldn't exactly fear losing him.  He's a player with some very good attributes but also some poor ones.  I'd be happy to give him another chance in the Premiership if he wasn't on such a ridiculous wage.  As it is, if we brought in Killgalon (who's a solid defender) for a couple of million and sold Coloccini for £7m that would be a pretty good deal IMO.

Oh and to people harping on about money going into Ashley's pocket, wake up! :lol:

I was also a huge Coloccini fan when he arrived, but he isn't made for english football. He is very good techniqely. But he can't win a header to save his life, and he wonders out of position way to often.

I think the biggest reason we keep as many clean sheets as we do, is the team effort as a whole.

I wouldn't mind signing Killgalon for a couple of mil. and selling colo for a decent fee.

This 'we must compete with the likes of West Ham and Sunderland' is utter crap for the situation that we are in at the moment.

The sorts of mid-table signings that they are attributed to like Upson etc. will not even look at us when we're in the Championship, so what are we supposed to do? Not sign anyone this season? That'll end in tears when the likes of Taylor and Nolan and Guthrie get injured and we're left with no cover.

We make signings to get us up to the PL then we focus in the summer on players that will keep us there. Kilgallon may not be PL quality, be he is good enough to play in a promotion-pushing team IMO.

With a squad lacking in quality in depth, we can't afford to think long term.

As a fan there is nothing wrong with speculating long term, i was simply having a venture onto the subject. As i mentioned earlier Kilgallon would be a good signing at this level but i wouldn't play him over Colo.

At this stage of the season, it is wise to try and tie up someone like him in readiness for January because he is certainly a better player than Khiz who will be returning to Blackburn anyway because his loan period is up.

I would like us to sign Simpson permanently as well. Send Harewood back and get Beckford in. Once we are promoted, we can then look to buying better quality players to estab lish ourselves back in the  PL.

The likes of Kilgallon and Beckford will be good back up players in the PL.

Weren't you saying beckford would get 10 in the premiership? That's a pretty good return for someone who isn't good enough to play in that league.

I said he's capable of 8-10. But his overall play completes negates the point of having him in the team.

Defoe has always hovered around the ten mark. Is he not good enough either?

Have a think, see if you can eventually work out the difference.

seen a lot of beckford have we? In fact, are you a scout? As you seem to know a lot of 'facts' about an awful lot of players?

Serious question btw

rumour on mersyside is moyes wants steve taylor...if we swap taylor for kilgallon then no as it's unlikely everton will splash silly money.

wouldn't surprise me. Was amazed we kept him last window. Would he want to go if we're still top though? Surely he'd want to hang on and play for us in prem? Can't see everton making Europe next season so do t see why he would go?

How's that fella doing who they signed late in the last window? the defender? Can't think of his name and can't be arse searching.