The Arsenal

Guest BooBoo

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ry1z76.jpg

I've totally forgot where I was going with this.

Perhaps I just enjoy photoshop

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/08/24/2633725/manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-defends-simply

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has defended under pressure Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

Wenger has come under criticism from the Gunners faithful this summer following the sale of former captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona.

The pressure on the Arsenal boss has been increased over the last few days after a 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool was followed up with confirmation from the club that Samir Nasri is having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a £23 million (€26m) move.

However, Sir Alex says speculation about the Frenchman leaving is "ridiculous".

He told The Sun: “It's a crazy world we're in. It's a critical world and you only need to lose a couple of games to have critics howling down at you.

"All the talk is about Arsenal and Arsene leaving. But who can replace him? It's the most ridiculous situation.”

Sir Alex and Wenger have been involved in disagreements between their teams in the past, most notably during ‘Pizzagate’ in the 2004-05 season.

Arsenal's 49-game unbeaten run was ended by United at Old Trafford with a 2-0 defeat. It was alleged after the game that a member of the Arsenal side threw food at the opposition whilst Wenger also blasted Ruud van Nistelrooy as a "cheat" in the press conference after the game.

Despite this, Sir Alex has praised the Gunners boss and has encouraged him to stay at the Emirates Stadium.

He added: "The man has been simply unbelievable. He has given Arsenal platforms they never thought they'd get to.

"He should carry on. He shouldn't listen to the critics. The one thing you need in this game is ear plugs."

The Arsenal/Man U rivalry has died down and it's clear both Wenger and Fergie have a lot of respect for each other.

:thup: Still like it how they both came out in support of Keegan as well.

Guest north shields lad

Its looking likely that Arsenal are going through to the champions league, win lose or draw, in place of fenerbache. Otherwise it will be the highest ranking team already not in it, who i think is Copenagen.

TBF, the Arsenal/Manure rivalry has died down because Arsenal are no longer a title threat.  They'll be lucky to finish 4th IMO.

So that's both Arsenal and Man City that are gonna miss out on CL according to you. Who the fuck's gonna get in then?

TBF, the Arsenal/Manure rivalry has died down because Arsenal are no longer a title threat.  They'll be lucky to finish 4th IMO.

So that's both Arsenal and Man City that are gonna miss out on CL according to you. Who the fuck's gonna get in then?

Geet massive lurl.

Liam Brady on signings - "I think he'll get a centre-half, a left back maybe too. I'd like to see a striker too, but maybe I'm greedy"

Is Brady still involved with Arsenal at all? Didn't he used to be a scout or something along those lines.

Liam Brady on signings - "I think he'll get a centre-half, a left back maybe too. I'd like to see a striker too, but maybe I'm greedy"

Is Brady still involved with Arsenal at all? Didn't he used to be a scout or something along those lines.

He's head of youth development, knows his shit.

Ramsey completed 90 passes last night. That's outstanding.

Only saw the first half but he played about 30 sideways passes in that time. Think he's a good player but not totally convinced he's going to be top drawer like Wilshere.

Ramsey completed 90 passes last night. That's outstanding.

Only saw the first half but he played about 30 sideways passes in that time. Think he's a good player but not totally convinced he's going to be top drawer like Wilshere.

There's nothing wrong with playing sideways passes, as long as they have a purpose to keep the game flowing. Watch Xavi play, he plays loads of sideways passes each match.

There's a great article in one of the issues of the Blizzard about the very same thing.