Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Who got the assists today? Harewood and?

Jonas according to BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8388867.stm

82:04  Jonas Gutierrez provided the assist for the goal.

82:04 GOAL - Fabrice Pancrate:Newcastle 2 - 0 Watford Goal scored by Fabrice Pancrate from the edge of the penalty box high into the middle of the goal. Newcastle 2-0 Watford.

I see they aren't calling it a comfortable win any more: -

Ten-man Newcastle extended their lead at the top of the Championship after a tough win over a spirited Watford team.

Guest palnese

Who got the assists today? Harewood and?

I think probably Carroll was the one who gave him the ball. Pancrate made the goal on his own though.

EDIT: ah Jonas.

okey. thanks

credit to hughton today

Why?

right subs at the right times. i know butt gave it  away a couple of times, but hey if you can't find it in you to give him a little credit even today then  nothing he does will make u happy.

credit to hughton today

Why?

right subs at the right times. i know butt gave it  away a couple of times, but hey if you can't find it in you to give him a little credit even today then  nothing he does will make u happy.

Should have avoided Butt altogether and left Guthrie in the middle, swapping Lovenkrands straight for Pancrate.

He does seem to have a thing for surprising us by throwing in hopeless players, like he did with Geremi at Scunthorpe.

credit to hughton today

Why?

Should have avoided Butt altogether and left Guthrie in the middle, swapping Lovenkrands straight for Pancrate.

He does seem to have a thing for surprising us by throwing in hopeless players, like he did with Geremi at Scunthorpe.

Dunno how you can complain when his changes took the score from 1-0 to 2-0 with ten men against a very decent side. Granted, we rode our luck a lot, but it was never going to be any other way.

I'm not a fan of the little fella, but think he got it right today.

i'm not a greatest fan of hughton the manager (no problem with him as acoach ) but the reluctance of most people to give him any credit is harsh. he's done well in the circumstances and has maintained a great deal of dignity. also credit to him for taking a gamble on pancrate.

i'm not a greatest fan of hughton the manager (no problem with him as acoach ) but the reluctance of most people to give him any credit is harsh. he's done well in the circumstances and has maintained a great deal of dignity. also credit to him for taking a gamble on pancrate.

People who have slagged him off as not good enough cant admit that he does anything right. Like with most things, people get locked into their opinions.

Someone did post pre-match that the ref was a SAFC fan can that person explain the crack.

The back four is settled now not 100% convinced on Simpson but if his contract is up at ManUre next year I think he is worth bringing  in.

Harewood is generally fucking hopeless but that spurt of life created 1st so cant complain that much.

AC at times he looked like he had Oliver "on his arse again" Bernard boots on but presence really helps out th defence at times. I would start him next game with Loven.

Good win, atmosphere remind me of when S.Carr got sent off against the Chelski.

Hope David Haye didn't think I was talking him when I said "Get out of our club you fat cockney bastard".

Didn't think we'd hold out with half an hour left when Butt had come on and we'd stopped making any attempts at going forward. Watford missed lots of good chances at that stage and we were camped in our area. Pancrate really changed the game in our favour again at that point and we were back on top by the time he put the game to bed.

Butt did his best to keep them in it with his ability to give the ball away.  That spell at the Leazes End near the final whistle when 3 of our players had a go at just keeping the ball, then Butt came over and chipped it out of play summed him up nicely.

Yep I thought it was a terrible substitution to make. When under the cosh the last thing you need is someone who gives back possession every single time, regardless of how many times he wins it back (not very often these days).

Towards the end of the game, Butt had me convinced that he believed we were playing rugby.  I can't think of any other reason that he'd continually kick to touch at every opportunity.

anyone see taylors elbow on one of their players? linesman was flagging like loony but ref didnt notice and play moved on. looked deliberate - jumping in for a header but with elbow - was hoping taylor wa starting to cut that sort of thing out - could have been trouble if ref saw it

Yup.