Our fans are clearly the best in the land...

Heron

A mackem mate mine keeps claiming most of the seats in the Leazes end are free tickets. He claims Lowick Football club are offered 100 for each game. I assume this is absolute bollocks?

I'd quite like to see them give away 200-300 free tickets to different youth teams around the area each home game. Could take 200-300 corporates out and put normal seats in there to compensate.

• 2 weeks later...

"All 4,000 tickets for the visitors section in the South Stand have now been sold and no further space will be allocated to Newcastle fans. As of Monday, Reading had sold 20,500 tickets - ground capacity is just over 24,000."

:smug:

While tonights crowd was poor, it still doesnt take away the fact that we have been consistently showing up 95% of the Premier League with our crowds this season, despite being in the Championship.

The thread title is still valid imo. 

BUMP.

Thread title proved wrong tonight.

15K there, absolutely fucking woeful.

Have you seen the other crowds for the FA Cup? ???

Yes, what difference does that make?

Just 2 weeks and 2 days ago against Derby County we had 47,000 at the game, so for our crowd to drop by 32,000 is horrendous.

Don't think it's dropped in that time, it's dropped due to the fact it was 3rd round FA Cup, replay, against Plymouth, on a Wednesday and we played a half reserve team in the first game.   I wasn't there because it's a Wednesday.

Fair enough some people can't make midweek games, but a 30'000 drop is ridiculous, FA Cup replay or not. Well done to the 15'000 to bothered tonight.

i didn't go, i could say i was up at 3am and done a 10hour shift but when it comes down to it i wasn't going to pay to watch a match where all i'm bothered about is players not getting injured or suspended, stuff the score!

Really, really give a s***.  Why has this become a major talking point?  It makes me laugh that fans use it as something to get at each other.  It's f***ing pathetic when you think about it.

it's not pathetic at all, it's for the most part all fans have. few teams will win anything, marginally more will start the season thinking they can win something so the comradre and loyalty of it is all there is.

I think you also have to factor into tonights attendance the fact that the club have done pretty much everything apart from come out and say directly that they wish we werent in the FA cup this year. Our fans have heard this and obviously arent mugs. Well, all those except us who payed 20 quid to go and watch it! :lol:

Wednesday night, crappy replay against a crappy Championship team. It's cold, the chances of us playing a weakened team was high - what do people expect? A 52000 sell-out?

Have a word man, all cup attendance are low these days

BUMP.

Thread title proved wrong tonight.

15K there, absolutely fucking woeful.

Yet in our next game it'll be proved right again :idiot2:

We didn't lose support in two weeks, FA cup isn't included in a season ticket.  So no doubt absolutely loads of them decided not to pay extra for a shit game they care almost nothing about in shit weather on a Wednesday night (and with level 7 closed which was an off puter to me personally).  Just look at the other FA cup attenances recently, I think every game yesterday came to 30,000 combined.

Personally I expected our attendance to be 20,000 and IMO that would have been good in the circumstances.