Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Mikey's gonna go psycho soon. He's been bottling up any glimpse of emotion for years now, a spectacular meltdown is inevitable.

Berbatov's been showing him tapes of his home countries' version of supermarket sweep.

Hopefully he stay in the Prem so he can get roasted at SJP again. If he goes to a Championship side (yeah right) it would be incredible if we got them in the cup!

Very big possibility of him ending up at Sunderland I reckon. I think we'll take Welbeck back but offer Owen.

Beating them 5-1 then would be all kinds of brilliant.

Is this account real? I can't quite believe he's fucking cracking up so perfectly. He's gonna get a twitch in his eye next.

Apparently, it's "verified", which is where twitter get in touch with the person or their agency to check it is them tweeting.

Aye... things so good don't normally happen though.

Part of the sting is taken off the fact that this year he gets a PL medal and gets to sit in the dressing room/stands of a Champions League final.

Guest johnson293

Is this account real? I can't quite believe he's fucking cracking up so perfectly. He's gonna get a twitch in his eye next.

Apparently, it's "verified", which is where twitter get in touch with Rio Ferdinand to check it is them tweeting.

^ Fixed

themichaelowen michael owen

@piersmorgan By the way, you had me last night! I was on the verge of snapping. I had courage coursing through my veins after a few pints!

@piersmorgan I was inches from showing the world the other side of Michael Owen that few people see!!! I was seething!!!

@piersmorgan I had typed out a message. I debated whether to press send or delete. Thankfully I pressed delete!

:lol:

the message was:

"I don't like you very much, you're a nasty man. Leave me alone."

Aye... things so good don't normally happen though.

Part of the sting is taken off the fact that this year he gets a PL medal and gets to sit in the dressing room/stands of a Champions League final.

I reckon it must be part of what's doing him in. Even he can't truly pretend to himself that England's old 'young hope' doesn't look like that impostor who snuck in the 1999 team photo. He wants to feel like a real man but this is going to nag at him for the rest of his life if he doesn't stop pretending it's a fraud. With any luck :lol:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Michael Owen praised United’s strength in depth after collecting his first Barclays Premier League winner’s medal at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Despite starring in the league with Liverpool in the late 90s, Owen never won the competition with the Merseysiders, nor with Newcastle during his spell at St James’ Park before his arrival in Manchester.

Owen may not have been central to United’s success this season but he did make 11 league appearances and score twice (including against Blackpool on the final day) as the Reds marched towards a record 19th title.

“As they say, if you can’t beat them, join them,” he told MUTV, smiling. “I won a lot of trophies with Liverpool but to win the Premier League is the pinnacle of anyone’s career. I’m very proud today.

“I’ve not played as much as I did last year but we all have to play our part to win the league and it’s been enjoyable, nonetheless. I’m really pleased and proud to have played with a great crop of lads and obviously the manager’s second to none.”

Owen went on to highlight the importance of United’s entire squad, which manager Sir Alex Ferguson utilised to its fullest potential throughout the season. An incredible 21 players qualified for medals (10 appearances or more), although Owen was at pains to point out that even more players had played their part in their success.

“It’s a great team in my eyes,” he said. “Throughout the year you’d look at the team and think ‘he’s essential’ and then he’d dip out of form or somebody else would come back from injury or come into form… the amount of goals that have been spread around the team is fantastic.

“Everyone’s played a part, even the lads who have only played a couple of games, the likes of Wes Brown and Gary Neville, for instance. They’re all great members of the squad – we live with these guys day in and day out and they’re even more important than people would think.”

You would think he has played all season.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/May/Owen-If-you-cant-beat-em-join-em.aspx?pageNo=2

Writer must have been laughing when typing "Owen may not have been central to Man U's success..." so as to not sound too harsh.

He's been insignificant in the extreme. Shut up Michael, just admit you're an attention-seeking has-been.

Think I've said this before but I'll say it again, the sooner he retires the better. Football doesn't need people like Michael Owen.

Bragging about his PL medal as if he's merited it. What a sad individual.

“Everyone’s played a part, even the lads who have only played a couple of games, the likes of Wes Brown and Gary Neville, for instance. They’re all great members of the squad – we live with these guys day in and day out and they’re even more important than people would think.”

This bit has me in stitches  :mackems: How kind of you to mention the bit-part players, Michael. They must be chuffed you remembered them.

This bit has me in stitches  :mackems: How kind of you to mention the bit-part players, Michael. They must be chuffed you remembered them.

Fuck me man, I hope Gary Neville gives him a clip ha