Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Owen said he felt the stress of being a peripheral member of the United squad. "I get into a poor cycle. Mentally I am up and down; I'm going to play then I'm not. Physically I would be eating too much, possibly energy foods. It's quite challenging for mind and body. Once in a while I get asked to play and I'm expected to play really well there and then."

:mackems: Blatantly been bingeing. At this rate there's a decent chance he's gonna be a f***ing wreck when he retires. Never thought I'd see him as the leading candidate to replace Gazza.

Sadly as appealing as this image is, I can't see him turning up at an armed seige with a fishing rod, 6 pack and a KFC.

The striker has had to tone down one ambition. Sir Bobby Charlton, who is now a United director, will not have his record haul of 49 England goals taken from him just yet. Owen, who has scored 40, said: "I am not going to kid myself. Every time I saw him I was 'closing on your record, Sir Bobby.' Now I just see him for who he is, a great man."

What a c***.  :lol:

Bobby Charlton must be laughing every time the England squad is announced. 'Sicknote, you're nowhere near my record.' :lol:

Ironic that the only team he cares for is ignoring him and making him pissed off yet he gets a medal for doing nowt with Man U and then tries to big up his contributions.

Owen said he felt the stress of being a peripheral member of the United squad. "I get into a poor cycle. Mentally I am up and down; I'm going to play then I'm not. Physically I would be eating too much, possibly energy foods. It's quite challenging for mind and body. Once in a while I get asked to play and I'm expected to play really well there and then."

:mackems: Blatantly been bingeing. At this rate there's a decent chance he's gonna be a f***ing wreck when he retires. Never thought I'd see him as the leading candidate to replace Gazza.

Sadly as appealing as this image is, I can't see him turning up at an armed seige with a fishing rod, 6 pack and a KFC.

Neither can I but only because he would drop the cans onto his foot and break a metatarsel on his way out of the door

Guest Haris Vuckic

Breaking metatarsals was all the fashion at Uni in 2006. Seriously if anyone pulled up at five a side, ''ahhh that's my metatarsal'' just because they'd seen Rooney,Owen, Beckham et al in the paper,

The striker has had to tone down one ambition. Sir Bobby Charlton, who is now a United director, will not have his record haul of 49 England goals taken from him just yet. Owen, who has scored 40, said: "I am not going to kid myself. Every time I saw him I was 'closing on your record, Sir Bobby.' Now I just see him for who he is, a great man."

What a cunt.  :lol:

imagine how that must piss the little cunt off :lol:

9 goals is fuck all really, he should have walked that record man - if he had been in and about the squads during capello's time i reckon he'd have taken it just by scoring against the small shite teams during qualifying

thanks fabio :thup:

He can still finish, he just needs to get over his ego and move to Wigan or somewhere where he'll get 90mins every week until he gets injured.

Not for long he won't. A player like Owen only belongs in a team within a s*** league that will create loads of chances. His days in England are done.

imagine how that must p*ss the little c*** off :lol:

9 goals is f*** all really, he should have walked that record man - if he had been in and about the squads during capello's time i reckon he'd have taken it just by scoring against the small s**** teams during qualifying

thanks fabio :thup:

The last time he scored in a league start was January 2009. He'd have scraped 3 or 4 at international level - if he was taking penalties.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

More like the 'Posh' version of Gazza. He'll turn up in his Helicopter with a betting slip, bottle of 'cheap' Champaigne and a bowl of boiled sweets.

More like the 'Posh' version of Gazza. He'll turn up in his Helicopter with a betting slip, bottle of 'cheap' Champaigne and a bowl of boiled sweets.

Imagine his twitter meltdowns when people laugh at him.

He can still finish, he just needs to get over his ego and move to Wigan or somewhere where he'll get 90mins every week until he gets injured.

Not for long he won't. A player like Owen only belongs in a team within a s*** league that will create loads of chances. His days in England are done.

I'm not sure, I can see him being similar to Kevin Nolan in that he's essentially useless without the ball, can't really run but can read the game well enough to pop up in the right places.

Either way, it probably won't happen as he'll never agree to play for a smaller club.

Bobby Charlton must be laughing every time the England squad is announced. 'Sicknote, you're nowhere near my record.' :lol:

Ironic that the only team he cares for is ignoring him and making him pissed off yet he gets a medal for doing nowt with Man U and then tries to big up his contributions.

Sicknote is Ferdinand, Owen is Benchwarmer. (If you're going by Morgan terminology.)

Sicknote is Ferdinand, Owen is Benchwarmer. (If you're going by Morgan terminology.)

Morgan's right with all things Man U.  O0

He's bound to end up at Sunderland, isn't he?  :lol:

evertons my guess

I have a feeling it's Spurs.