Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

From what I remember he was offered the contract the summer before we got relegated, so I've absolutely no idea what the fuck he's chuntering on about.

My big problem with Owen is not that he got injured, or that he left. The issue I have is that he picked up £120,000 a week while playing for us and looked fucking miserable doing so. He couldn't wait to hot foot it off the pitch, jump in his helicopter and get back down to Cheshire to be with his horses. He had no interest in NUFC beyond our ability to keep him in the England squad as was evident by the fact that the likes of Shola, Milner and Harper, who were on a fraction of what Owen was, spent hours supporting the club's community initiatives while Michael did bugger all. I certainly haven't forgotten the clusterfuck in the build up to the 2006 World Cup where despite being fit he ruled himself out of our final few games of the season just so he'd be 100% for England duty.

The cowardice he displayed during the relegation season when he was club fucking captain was absolutely unforgivable. Dyer got crucified when he palmed off the armband in one game but Owen's contempt for the side was evident throughout that season. It speaks volumes that his best mate Shearer felt it necessary to drop him to the bench during the relegation run in.

I wish nothing but ill on the boring little twat. He robbed us blind.

Hear hear.

He really is an absolute fucknugget. He needs to stop rewriting history and trying to twist why people dislike him.

Michael, if you ever stumble across this page when ego-surfing your own name through Google:

- We don't hate you for getting injured

- We don't hate you for leaving

- We don't hate you for the contract you were given

- We DO hate you for your lack of effort whilst here

- We DO hate you for caring more about those bloody horses than us

- We DO hate you for being obsessed with England over anything to do with Newcastle

- We DO hate you for an abject lack of leadership as captain

- We DO hate you for dereliction of duty as captain when you failed to communicate with the fans or local press, before, during and after our relegation

- We DO hate you for your comments when you went to sit on Man United's bench that you'd rather do that than play for us

In short: You're a snivelling, fetid, egotistical, jumped-up little prick and I hope every venture you enter into from now until the day you die is a disaster, and that life brings you nothing but disappointments and misery.

:notbad:

Guest Roger Kint

From what I remember he was offered the contract the summer before we got relegated, so I've absolutely no idea what the fuck he's chuntering on about.

Aye we did, even released a statement in August 2008:

"Newcastle United can confirm that captain Michael Owen has been offered an extended and improved three-year contract," the statement added.

The shithouse is clearly thinking if he repeats a lie enough it will become real. Maybe he signed up to RTG :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't particularly blame Owen for the way he 'performed' after KK left and with it during our relegation season. Say what you want about Owen, he was a consummate trainer and a true professional when it come to training. He would work on his finishing outside of 'club hours' and even train separately to the others as well as with them to keep his fitness etc. That's why KK liked him despite never quite rating him as a player as highly as others did. Indeed that's why KK gave him the captaincy.

With Kinnear in charge though the whole club off the pitch become a joke and Owen along with others thought fuck it. They seriously believed after the KK fiasco, that the owner was taking the piss and Owen and a good number just didn't want to give it their all under such stewardship from Ashley and of course Kinnear. For example Viduka was told as long as he did the business on the pitch he could come into training when he wanted. He also allowed players to smoke (Nolan, Viduka apparently) and drink and encouraged a British vs foreign thing in 5-a-side games during training which pissed off several of the foreign players. Allegedly of course...

We were doomed as soon as we appointed Kinnear and by the time Shearer came in the dressing room was gone and with it any real chance of survival. Shearer didn't help matters by handing each player a code of conduct/rules book, and basically being strict and disciplined mind. Although his intentions were good. They needed a kick up the backside but not in that way. Shearer also fell out with Owen and dropped him. Owen was still respected within the club as someone who had previously won the Ballon d'Or, played for Real Madrid etc. Many in the camp considered him a match winner still.

Owen is a loathsome personality and a wasted talent for me but up until KK's resignation, he at least gave his all whenever he played and was by all accounts a model pro in training and around the club etc. this despite never wanting to be here in the first place. We should have never signed him, however. As a player he is one of the worst deals we have ever done if not the worst.

Mind, for a period under KK, he was the dogs bollocks and we were looking damn good.

And then Dennis fucking Wise, Joe Kinnear... relegation!

He's history anyway!

I don't particularly blame Owen for the way he 'performed' after KK left and with it during our relegation season. Say what you want about Owen, he was a consummate trainer and a true professional when it come to training. He would work on his finishing outside of 'club hours' and even train separately to the others as well as with them to keep his fitness etc. That's why KK liked him despite never quite rating him as a player as highly as others did. Indeed that's why KK gave him the captaincy.

With Kinnear in charge though the whole club off the pitch become a joke and Owen along with others thought fuck it. They seriously believed after the KK fiasco, that the owner was taking the piss and Owen and a good number just didn't want to give it their all under such stewardship from Ashley and of course Kinnear. For example Viduka was told as long as he did the business on the pitch he could come into training when he wanted. He also allowed players to smoke (Nolan, Viduka apparently) and drink and encouraged a British vs foreign thing in 5-a-side games during training which pissed off several of the foreign players. Allegedly of course...

We were doomed as soon as we appointed Kinnear and by the time Shearer came in the dressing room was gone and with it any real chance of survival. Shearer didn't help matters by handing each player a code of conduct/rules book, and basically being strict and disciplined mind. Although his intentions were good. They needed a kick up the backside but not in that way. Shearer also fell out with Owen and dropped him. Owen was still respected within the club as someone who had previously won the Ballon d'Or, played for Real Madrid etc. Many in the camp considered him a match winner still.

Owen is a loathsome personality and a wasted talent for me but up until KK's resignation, he at least gave his all whenever he played and was by all accounts a model pro in training and around the club etc. this despite never wanting to be here in the first place. We should have never signed him, however. As a player he is one of the worst deals we have ever done if not the worst.

Mind, for a period under KK, he was the dogs bollocks and we were looking damn good.

And then Dennis fucking Wise, Joe Kinnear... relegation!

He's history anyway!

He was the fucking captain.

If he thought that something needed to be done on the pitch, he was meant to be responsible.  If the players needed motivating beyond what the manager could do that was his responsibility.  Being great in training will get you precisely nowhere in the league.

Guest Howaythetoon

With Kinnear in charge though the whole club off the pitch become a joke and Owen along with others thought f*** it. They seriously believed after the KK fiasco, that the owner was taking the p*ss and Owen and a good number just didn't want to give it their all under such stewardship from Ashley and of course Kinnear. For example Viduka was told as long as he did the business on the pitch he could come into training when he wanted. He also allowed players to smoke (Nolan, Viduka apparently) and drink and encouraged a British vs foreign thing in 5-a-side games during training which p*ssed off several of the foreign players. Allegedly of course...

And then Dennis f***ing Wise, Joe Kinnear... relegation!

He's history anyway!

He was the f***ing captain.

If he thought that something needed to be done on the pitch, he was meant to be responsible.  If the players needed motivating beyond what the manager could do that was his responsibility.  Being great in training will get you precisely nowhere in the league.

He was never a captain, not when the going gets tough anyway. He probably detested half that squad, especially given the apparent lack of effort in training by a good number. As soon as KK left, Michael Owen gave up on his NUFC career and as galling as that is for me as a supporter, I can actually see why he did. I'd like to think I would be the consummate professional/club man regardless but howay man, Kinnear was allowing players to come into training whenever they liked. Shearer has since said when he took over, the players would come in about twice/three times a week together. How the fuck were we meant to win matches when the players simply didn't train enough together and when they did there was such a hap hazard way about it all.

Kinnear came here still trapped in a late 80s early 90s Wimbledon/Crazy Gang type time warp and for players like Owen who were highly professional when it come to training, highly decorated as individuals, players with high expectations, things were becoming a bit of a piss take.

I'm in no doubt if KK had stayed, Owen would have continued to flourish and right now we'd be looking back on him as perhaps someone who was worthy of our shirt. I'm not defending him btw, he's an awful personality who only cares about himself and as a player he has wasted the last 6-7 years of his career, but I don't blame him one bit for his performances or lack of during that relegation season.

I know several fans who also gave up on NUFC during that time and since and with good reason. We were a fucking joke.

stupid little c*** still should've buried that one-on-one at home to Portsmouth.

The miss against Everton with about 10 minutes left did it for me; a lucky deflection left him with an out of position Howard to beat and he put it wide. Give him any time to think about a chance and he'd most likely miss.

He was a disgrace in our relegation and he wasn't alone in that.

Funny how Peter fking Lovenkrands managed 3 league goals in the time Owen scored 0 and generally spent his time hiding behind defenders. You can't blame Kinnear, Hughton or whoever for that.

Agree with that. I can remember him being dominated by Matthew pissing Bates in the Boro home game. :lol:

That bit on football focus when he said as a kid he knew he was light years ahead of his peers, and basically destined for greatness was cringeworthy. What a grade a plonker.

On the other hand, he wasn't wrong and to perform at the top level you do need to have an unshakeable belief in yourself.

I am not defending him btw, I simply detest the bloke. Just playing a bit of devil's advocate :lol:

Htt's posts almost bringing tears to the eyes, so vivid is your recollection of how things were right after KK got sacked. I am in total agreement with the squad giving up on the club. Had KK stayed, we'd have a very, very different history and present.