Craig Bellamy

James

I was watching the 1000 goals DVD the other night, it's actually depressing to see the assorted mercenaries and hasbeens that turned out for us over the post-SBR period. Like, when you're watching, the quality of players in our squad is degrading before your eyes.

Carr, Butt, Milner, Kluivert.

Miguel, Carrick, Milner, Kluivert.

Gahhh.

Carr and Butt didn't seem like Bobby Robson signings at all, it was as if they were signed as a reaction to the perception that much of the squad was too young and mischievous. Kluivert was a bit more like it due to his calibre but even then I wouldn't be surprised if Robson was more keen to buy a younger player.

Does anyone think Wenger is getting to that stage at Arsenal? I think they should go back to signing the youngsters for sometimes big bucks. I don't buy "they need experience". Let Wenger do it his way. If you don't believe in his policy, sack him.

In recent years he's had to sign more mature players as the overall quality dropped and needed quick fixes.

Does anyone think Wenger is getting to that stage at Arsenal? I think they should go back to signing the youngsters for sometimes big bucks. I don't buy "they need experience". Let Wenger do it his way. If you don't believe in his policy, sack him.

In recent years he's had to sign more mature players as the overall quality dropped and needed quick fixes.

Yeah pretty much. Though it's becoming less and less a feature of the modern games managers must be allowed to manage. Its about the right person for the job. If Arsenal want to go down the experienced road then they shouldn't have a manager whose ethos is the development of young talent. I suppose Arsenal may feel that they may not be able to get anyone better for the job and therefore will stick with what is (at its highest) a poor fit. That said, if the experience point is true then they could have a manager better suited to the role.

152 times Nicky Butt played for us. God.

How many aimless chipped through balls in that time?

:lol: completely forgot about those. You could literally see us routinely conceding goals by virtue of him being on the pitch. Crazy that he played so much.

All worth it when you remember the overhead clearance

152 times Nicky Butt played for us. God.

How many aimless chipped through balls in that time?

:lol: completely forgot about those. You could literally see us routinely conceding goals by virtue of him being on the pitch. Crazy that he played so much.

Hated Butt with a passion, largely because he was Speed's replacement who, coincidentally, continued to perform well for Bolton whilst the other balding twat was fucking around here trying to play Hollywood balls and aimless overhead clearances from mid-way inside his own half.

It'll be interesting to see how things go now that Arsenal supposedly have more money to spend. If they can land a good all-round striker and possibly a midfield anchorman, I think they're real title contenders.

Love the part in his autobiography when he is talking about our philosophy under Robson.

(R:E away games)We went in attacking and even if we did lose, we gave it a really good go. We would leave our defence open at times but that was the kind of team we were. All our training was about how we were going to win, not how we were going to avoid defeat. It wasn't about what the opposition were going to do to us, it was about what we were going to do to them.

Complete opposite to us now.

Love the part in his autobiography when he is talking about our philosophy under Robson.

(R:E away games)We went in attacking and even if we did lose, we gave it a really good go. We would leave our defence open at times but that was the kind of team we were. All our training was about how we were going to win, not how we were going to avoid defeat. It wasn't about what the opposition were going to do to us, it was about what we were going to do to them.

Complete opposite to us now.

How a team with creative, attacking outlets should be managed. Its so glaringly obvious that Pards sets us up negatively and it never works. Reading that has just increased my frustration at this clown's current tenure.

• 11 months later...

Wonderful player for us. All those that slaughtered him for standing up to the cunt Souness and Shearer need(ed) to have their thick heeds looked at.

Souness is a cunt and Shearers career finished the day Bellamy walked out the door. The Club would have been better served keeping Bellamy and binning the cunt Souness and Shearer.

Guest neesy111

In Shearer's last season for us at the age of 35 he still scored more league goals in a season than Bellamy ever did.

Wrong.

I held a grudge for about a year then I realised I couldn't stay mad. Was a great time, and largely because of him, he was so exciting with the ball. Loved him winding people up then too :lol:. What was his reception like the other week at SJP?

Was applauded when taking corners and when he came on, with the occasional boo.