Craig Bellamy

James

I held a grudge for about a year then I realised I couldn't stay mad. Was a great time, and largely because of him, he was so exciting with the ball. Loved him winding people up then too :lol:. What was his reception like the other week at SJP?

Was applauded when taking corners and when he came on, with the occasional boo.

Did he acknowledge it? Remember him getting pretty vitriolic receptions years ago, and a few arguments breaking out with the odd person clapping, then largely ignored, never seen him get a good one, but glad to hear it.

He was brilliant for us and it's an extra reason to detest Souness even more! He turned us from mid-table to top 4 along with Robert and in his 3 full seasons with us we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th. Shearer would have got nowhere near Jackie's record without him too. 

Didn't Sir Taggart say that we would have won the league in 01-02 if he hadn't of gotten injured?

Only player we've had who has told a member of my family to fuck off during a game :thup:

:lol: really? What was the context?

My Dad was griefing him for something or other, probably getting caught offside. Wasn't a Scott Parker type malicious thing like.

--

Shame he didn't score when he came on for Cardiff, think he'd have got a pretty good round of applause. His appearance was a bit muted I thought because of what was going on at the time. Some daft cunts near me booed him on.

I held a grudge for about a year then I realised I couldn't stay mad. Was a great time, and largely because of him, he was so exciting with the ball. Loved him winding people up then too :lol:. What was his reception like the other week at SJP?

Was applauded when taking corners and when he came on, with the occasional boo.

Did he acknowledge it? Remember him getting pretty vitriolic receptions years ago, and a few arguments breaking out with the odd person clapping, then largely ignored, never seen him get a good one, but glad to hear it.

He seemed oblivious to it, I thought. I think the reason the crowd was so placid towards him was because they were so focused on berating Pardew. I know I was. :lol:

Guest Open_C

Despite my advancing years, my first game was Newcastle Sunderland 2002 where he scored in the second minute.  Loved him.  Proper aggravating little fucker but our aggravating little fucker :aww:

Only player we've had who has told a member of my family to fuck off during a game :thup:

My Dad was griefing him for something or other, probably getting caught offside. Wasn't a Scott Parker type malicious thing like.

:lol: what did your dad say back to him?

IIRC I think he just sat there shocked tbh, after years of shouting stuff at players I guess you're taking aback when they answer back.

:lol: what did your dad say back to him?

IIRC I think he just sat there shocked tbh, after years of shouting stuff at players I guess you're taking aback when they answer back.

Yeah fair one, not sure what I'd say if a player actually responded to something I'd shouted at them

Perhaps much like Simon on Inbetweeners when the bus wanker chokes him.

Guest dazzanufc1892

the scream of "BELLAMY!" in the last seconds of the feyenoord game will stay with me forever, most amazing night, and to think he had only been announced fit just before kick off. Incredible player who gave us many great memories, also added a good few years to shearers career.

In Shearer's last season for us at the age of 35 he still scored more league goals in a season than Bellamy ever did.

Not the first time you've posted this lie, like. Probably time to stop it.

Anyway, Bellamy was a great player for us, Blackburn and Liverpool. He, along with Robert, took us from 11th to 3rd and 4th, and when he was outed we returned to the bottom half of the table.

Our most important player from 2001 to 2005. Wish him the best.

• 8 years later...

Would appear his various  building companies and restaurants are in hock to a total of 4.3m whether he himself is personally liable is open to question , I guess if his apartment development go down, there's nothing to stop him buying it back via another company, as a lot of people do, unless someone knows more.

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

bankrupt?

I seem to remember him doing an interview with that Soccer AM character (Tubes??) where he said something along the lines of he wasn’t interested in money as it only caused problems, so he more or less let other people run his finances.

Obviously chose the wrong people…

edit: here it is from 11:45 onwards. Quite sad really

https://youtu.be/6x5RSkaGywE

Edited by SteV