Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Stephen927

and there would be no surprise if Simpson goes on to be his country's number one in that position for years to come.

No surprise, you sure?

Kyle Walker looks streets ahead of him, anyway.

Walker was in ahead of him despite only 1 appearance for Villa, so it's going to be an uphill battle for Simpson now. He needs to learn when to close and when to stand off, it'll come with time. Can see him in and around the England team in a few years time, Walker has an obvious advantage over him as he is that little bit quicker and offers a much better attacking threat.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

You have all good arguments.

But do you see him as our first choice rb next season? Imo, he's tot weak in attack. He needs to improve drastically in that respect. New poll?

He's more than good enough for us.

If we get a  decent offer, sell him. Although he's been doing a great job in defense, he's way to weak in attack. It's worrying that Ferguson, who is completely inexperienced at this level, managed to create more in attack against Stoke. Ferguson was not afraid to challenge if his opponent had no safety, and he succeeded to. Simpson on the other hand hit a support pass when he met the slightest of resistance.  A modern back must be good in attack too. That gives us more options.  But I have no objections if he stays. His work ethic is good, and he's shown improvement in defense. But I do not see him as a first choice next season. He's a solid backup.

I agree, sell all of our players. We dont need them.

:lol: Shitheads, all of them, fuck them all.

But do you see him as our first choice rb next season? Imo, he's tot weak in attack. He needs to improve drastically in that respect. New poll?

In defense yes, in attack no. But hopefully he will improve.

In defense yes, in attack no. But hopefully he will improve.

He's worth more to us for his attitude alone than any money we might make on selling him for a supposed slight deficiency in attacking pedigree. The type of club who would buy him wouldn't pay the sort of money required to make us even contemplate it.

There are only so many Ashley Coles and Leighton Baineses in the world - most fullbacks aren't brilliant going forward.

One reason why it may be worth persisting with converting Ferguson if he's got any aptitude for the role, despite those saying he's more obviously a winger.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We cant be replacing two full backs in the close season man.

Defences are over rated. 10 man midfields, however...

Why is this even a discussion? Very much improved full back with a fantastic attitude and really seems to like the club and the city. Will be here for a good while if we stay in the PL hopefully.

Why is this even a discussion? Very much improved full back with a fantastic attitude and really seems to like the club and the city. Will be here for a good while if we stay in the PL hopefully.

Because selling anyone is fine as long as we make money. :thup:

Because selling anyone is fine as long as we make money. :thup:

Can't play money at right back though can we. We tried playing money up front an that didn't work.

We really are going nowhere if the likes of Simpson are getting their heads turned. Enrique i can just about understand, though it is still a shame.

We really, really shouldn't be selling anyone from the first 18. Injuries and the Carroll sale have decimated the momentum. We're a mid-table side in a shite run of form. There's so much to build on. I hope a poxy finish to the season doesn't leave the younger, more promising players thinking "there's no point in me being here".

Forster, Simpson, New CB, Coloccini, Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Ben Arfa, New CF, New CF has the crux of a fantastic side.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GeordieAce

Piece in the Daily Mail about the fastest, slowest and fittest players at each Premier League club, interesting that Danny boy is our fastest, Harper slowest and Guthrie our fittest.

http://tinyurl.com/3c3azbp

According to that Wilshere is faster than Walcott? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Simpson is proving a more than competent full-back at this level. I like him. I wish he would do more in the final third though and when defending not to drop off his man so quickly and easily. He doesn't have to get tight but to simply concede and give way if you like is dangerous defensively. He's young though and has time to learn. Seems a canny lad too.

Simpson is proving a more than competent full-back at this level. I like him. I wish he would do more in the final third though and when defending not to drop off his man so quickly and easily. He doesn't have to get tight but to simply concede and give way if you like is dangerous defensively. He's young though and has time to learn. Seems a canny lad too.

a better understanding with his midfielder would go a long way to sorting that out.