Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpson is suffering the same fate most of our players seem to, find a negative side to their game then make it out to be a much bigger problem that it is.

There are a select few that get away from it but the majority fall.

I think that's spot on. Simpson is in the Aaron Hughes category of players. Not really great at anything but can do a decent job at most. Backing off isn't always a bad thing either. Sometimes it's done to slow the game down to prevent forwards an easy chance to get free space in dangerous areas.

Another thing, there aren't many right backs in the league that the majority would be entirely happy with imo.

If Glenn Johnson costs £17m.. :D

Seriously though, I don't think there are a great deal who are much better than Simpson. For example, I think a few would swap Hutton for Danny but the spurs fans seem to think the former is a complete liability. I don't think we could genuinely call Simpson a complete liability.

He is on a par with our keepers, centre backs (except Colo) and forwards excluding Ba and Ben Arfa so I think 'weak link' is harsh even if he isn't perfect.

Another thing, there aren't many right backs in the league that the majority would be entirely happy with imo.

If Glenn Johnson costs £17m.. :D

Seriously though, I don't think there are a great deal who are much better than Simpson. For example, I think a few would swap Hutton for Danny but the spurs fans seem to think the former is a complete liability. I don't think we could genuinely call Simpson a complete liability.

He is on a par with our keepers, centre backs (except Colo) and forwards excluding Ba and Ben Arfa so I think 'weak link' is harsh even if he isn't perfect.

Absolutely, I wouldnt call Simpson International quality but he isn't far down the pecking order. Says more about the turd we are producing as of late tbh.

If he was as bad as often made out we would be in a lot worse position and he would be a laughing stock. Keepers in this country generally don't get too many chances until they are labled a clown but I don't remember him ever being singled out. As said in my initial post, these faults are spotted (not made up) but they are far too exaggerated.

Harper can be slow to react but it's nowhere near as bad/frequent as made out.

Before he got a couple of goals with his head Best was the worst headerer of the ball ever!! That may be an exaggeration itself but it wasn't far off and was quickly becoming one of his things.

Steve Harper reacts to shots via club txt alert.

If he was as bad as often made out we would be in a lot worse position and he would be a laughing stock. Keepers in this country generally don't get too many chances until they are labled a clown but I don't remember him ever being singled out. As said in my initial post, these faults are spotted (not made up) but they are far too exaggerated.

Before he got a couple of goals with his head Best was the worst headerer of the ball ever!! That may be an exaggeration itself but it wasn't far off and was quickly becoming one of his things.

Steve Harper is still a very good keeper. The problem is we have two very promising younger keepers who will be poached by other clubs because Harper is in the way.

I'll never forget Best's goal against Arsenal mind :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol: :lol:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/22/kansas-draw-does-not-concern-danny-simpson-61634-29099316/

Scores of Magpies fans will make their way from Kansas to Orlando today as the tour heads south. With Tyneside holiday makers also expected to take in the game in the Florida sunshine, Simpson (pictured right) says he was taken aback by the loyalty shown by fans.

He said: “It just doesn’t surprise me anymore.”

Ryder. :lol:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/22/kansas-draw-does-not-concern-danny-simpson-61634-29099316/

Scores of Magpies fans will make their way from Kansas to Orlando today as the tour heads south. With Tyneside holiday makers also expected to take in the game in the Florida sunshine, Simpson (pictured right) says he was taken aback by the loyalty shown by fans.

That's a classic.

:lol:

Amazing.