Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I thought he did well considering his time out of the side, but he didn't really do much different to what he's been doing most of the season, even right down to letting the striker win a far post header which luckily went wide, crappy crossing and so on.

Decent game (letting their striker winning that header was probably just down to him playing too much FIFA and noticing that full backs aren't allowed to win headers), but I still hope that was the last time we see him play for us. We've got at least three better full backs than him, all with a much longer future at the club than him, we shouldn't play him unless we're desperate.

Guest icemanblue

I honestly found him painful to watch at times last night. Guess he was solid enough defensively, but I forgot how terrible it is to watch him play.

After the amount of uproar over Pardew's hoofing masterplan, too. He did play well enough defensively, but was often caught out of position. Three or four of those first time, head down, hoofs to noone in particular were enough to remind me why he was replaced.

Solid at the back, a bit better going forward, still treats the ball like a bomb.  With Debuchy, MYM, Santon and then a load of squad players who can cover right back, he knows he's on his way. 

Don't think many will be arsed to see him leave.

I honestly found him painful to watch at times last night. Guess he was solid enough defensively, but I forgot how terrible it is to watch him play.

Wow, role reversal here! I thought he was ok tbh. Felt fairly confident he would find a team mate with the ball, that he would defend well enough, etc.

Funny how opinions change so quickly isn't it? He was okay last night, just like he's been okay pretty much all season. Not particularly good, not particularly bad. An average player.