Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Disapointing that we aren't offering him a new contract as i think he's a decent defender who holds his position and defends, and doesn't try anything fancy.

He's not a right winger or a midfield player so i don't understand why people expect him to be. He's an honest pro and as a defender only i don't really see Debuchy as being a big upgrade.

This type of thinking needs to be left in the past, fullbacks need to be able to maintain possession and attack for the reasons Rich mentioned.

Simpson can do neither and in a backwards sort of way Haidara is his replacement as Santon can play both sides.

Disapointing that we aren't offering him a new contract as i think he's a decent defender who holds his position and defends, and doesn't try anything fancy.

He's not a right winger or a midfield player so i don't understand why people expect him to be. He's an honest pro and as a defender only i don't really see Debuchy as being a big upgrade.

This type of thinking needs to be left in the past, fullbacks need to be able to maintain possession and attack for the reasons Rich mentioned.

Simpson can do neither and in a backwards sort of way Haidara is his replacement as Santon can play both sides.

Exactly. Nowadays if you want to be a top team you also have to have full-backs that can go forward too as they now provide a lot of natural width to teams.

Nah, f*** this 'Sad to see him go' 'Thanks for the effort Danny'

I'd be more willing if he weren't such a cock. He doesnt care about anyone but Danny Simpson. The fact that he's tweeting photos of his empty locker at NUFC etc just goes to show what a self-interested c*** he is.

Good riddance.

:thup:

Most footballers are cocks man.  He did alright for us but is ultimately limited as a footballer.  Been professional about everything and never gave less than 100%.  He's like Best, goes with my thanks and best wishes.

Would be happy to see him stay as back-up if he lowered his demands. Can be solid defensively, useless going forward mind. It's all about competition for places. If he thinks he's better than what he is, then fair play, I hope he goes out and gets what he thinks he is worth.

So he's going? Fair enough, thanks Danny for your service here.

No tears will be shed like, Simpson's place in the squad can be very much be filled quite easily.

He's decent as backup, but I'd not want him in the first team long-term.

No problem if he stays or goes tbh. He's done a job, hasn't cost much, could continue to do a job or could be replaced easily enough.

Nah fulham surely been linked there for ages. Wouldn't rule out Norwich as an outside bet too. There will be a place for him in the premiership somewhere.

Watch him move to Swansea and Laudrup work his magic.

They've just signed that Riether on a permanent deal and he's nowhere near as good as Rangel. Norwich is a good shout though.