The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very strange substitutions today. Ben Arfa wasn't having much impact at that time but it was clear the game would open up. Tiote was playing really well and okay it was a striker for a defensive midfielder but I can't see the benefit of taking someone off who's doing the business, and against a team like this.

Hate to say it but Nolan should have been the one to give way, in both instances.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bad day today.

His team talk must have been poor for the way we played the 2nd half, bad substitutions- I thought he learnt this after the B'Pool game

Very strange substitutions today. Ben Arfa wasn't having much impact at that time but it was clear the game would open up. Tiote was playing really well and okay it was a striker for a defensive midfielder but I can't see the benefit of taking someone off who's doing the business, and against a team like this.

Hate to say it but Nolan should have been the one to give way, in both instances.

Wouldn't have taken Tiote off against a big side like Stoke, his pace, power and def cover is really important anyway and more so against a big physical side. Might be worth trying Guti on the right next time as Routledge is so wasteful on posession.

Tossed this game away.

Step forward then a step back he's been.

Will be really interested to hear why on earth he took off Ben Arfa, crazy decision.

He shouldn't have taken Ben Arfa off, but I didn't mind Jonas coming on for him.  What more got me is Nolan staying on and Tiote coming off.  That was the disgraceful one.

Hughton was let down by the team today - it wasn't his tactics or subs which he got right with the players we have.

Ben Arfa wasn't as good today as he was vs Everton ... neither was Tiote.

When we were still drawing 1-1 he went for it rather than try to hold onto a draw. Statistically this was the right call. We played better than Stoke overall and in 2 out of three games we would have won this at 1-1 with the subs he made pushing forward. If you can win 2 of these types of games and lose one you're still doing the right thing. Toward the end he was even telling Colocini to run up playing a 3-4-3.

Hughton was let down by the team today - it wasn't his tactics or subs which he got right with the players we have.

Ben Arfa wasn't as good today as he was vs Everton ... neither was Tiote.

When we were still drawing 1-1 he went for it rather than try to hold onto a draw. Statistically this was the right call. We played better than Stoke overall and in 2 out of three games we would have won this at 1-1 with the subs he made pushing forward. If you can win 2 of these types of games and lose one you're still doing the right thing. Toward the end he was even telling Colocini to run up playing a 3-4-3.

Utter madness.  Get some glasses mate.