The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not going to change my view that Hughton has done well based on this result... but he does need to improve his in-game work.

Taking of Tiote for Shola against a team like Stoke is like going down to 10 men. Combine that with dropping Nolan into midfield and you're down to 9. Bizarre decision.

Hughton was let down by the team today - it wasn't his tactics or subs which he got right with the players we have.

Ben Arfa wasn't as good today as he was vs Everton ... neither was Tiote.

When we were still drawing 1-1 he went for it rather than try to hold onto a draw. Statistically this was the right call. We played better than Stoke overall and in 2 out of three games we would have won this at 1-1 with the subs he made pushing forward. If you can win 2 of these types of games and lose one you're still doing the right thing. Toward the end he was even telling Colocini to run up playing a 3-4-3.

Good post.

You lot boil my piss at times like. One week the guy's a fucking messiah, the next week he should be sacked.

Have a word.

:thup:

There's nothing wrong with questioning his decisions though, especially if we lose from a winning position.

Hughton's subs cost us the game. 

Ben Arfa would have leapt at least 3 feet in the air, marked Jones on their first goal and then cleared Perch's own goal off the line.  Fact.

:lol: I actually think Chris' decision not to start Arfa in goal cost us the game.

Like I mentioned in the match thread, there's no overall gameplan that the entire team adheres to. He just allows each individual player play to their strengths, which works sometimes, but overall makes the team look terribly disorganized.

Stoke is an extreme case, but Hughton needs to decide what our defining shape is and have players adapt their styles to it to a degree. We had far superior players today but they weren't working as a unit.

You lot boil my piss at times like. One week the guy's a fucking messiah, the next week he should be sacked.

Have a word.

Who's calling for him to be sacked?

People calling him a messiah are retards tbf, there are plenty on here. Some people have been constant in their views of him though, they saw his weaknesses and raised their concern.

Hughton was let down by the team today - it wasn't his tactics or subs which he got right with the players we have.

Ben Arfa wasn't as good today as he was vs Everton ... neither was Tiote.

Irrelevant. Neither of them should have been taken off.

Routledge has nothing, apart from pace. Gutierrez should have played on the right, Ben Arfa should have stayed on, with Nolan coming off for Shola.

Have a word.

There's nothing wrong with questioning his decisions though, especially if we lose from a winning position.

Were his decisions that poor? Jonas looked lively when he came on, and Ben Arfa looked like he was blowing out of his arse when he was jogging off the pitch - the lad's nowhere near fully fit. Neither of the changes shaped the outcome of the match as significantly as is being made out... It was Pulis's changes that won the match, not Hughton's that lost it.

Have a word.

Were his decisions that poor? Jonas looked lively when he came on, and Ben Arfa looked like he was blowing out of his arse when he was jogging off the pitch. Neither of the changes shaped the outcome of the match as significantly as is being made out... It was Pulis's changes that won the match, not Hughton's that lost it.

Stop talking sense mate, this thread is for spackers this week.

Guest neesy111

Have a word.

:no:

People will deservedly praise him when he gets his decisions right and question them when he get's them wrong.  It what happens in all walks of life tbh.

HBA may not have done much but he's the one player who can create a situation out of nothing. We're not a particularly creative or potent side, so why take off one of our best chances to grab a goal? He took him off with half an hour to go with only a 1-0 lead, that is madness! As others have said the game would have opened up, there was plenty of time for him to make his mark.

Have a word.

Were his decisions that poor? Jonas looked lively when he came on, and Ben Arfa looked like he was blowing out of his arse when he was jogging off the pitch - the lad's nowhere near fully fit. Neither of the changes shaped the outcome of the match as significantly as is being made out... It was Pulis's changes that won the match, not Hughton's that lost it.

Agreed, knew this would happen.

See you all in a week, not getting banned or anything just avoiding this fucking monstrosity of a thread after a loss, pathetic :lol: