Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

From wikipedia:

"In July 2011 Dyer signed a one-year contract with Queens Park Rangers.[41] He made his debut on the opening day of the Premier League season against Bolton. He made a bright start having a goal disallowed, however was stretchered off with a suspected broken metatarsal after just four minutes."

So maybe not so bad for the lad, which is good news for him and QPR I guess. Still - he is a proper sicknote. Whats the betting that he's injured in his first game back following recovering from this latest setback?

chris_kammy Chris Kamara

Keiron Dyer Has a broken a Metatarsal so should not be out for too long

???

Not sure I get the theory behind that one. Surely it's a 6 weeker?

That's not too long for Kieron Dyer.

Good news, he could have been a regular England international if he'd stayed fit. An absolute joy to watch in full flight. That cup game at St. Mary's man, superb.

That one in the FA Cup???

Good news, he could have been a regular England international if he'd stayed fit. An absolute joy to watch in full flight. That cup game at St. Mary's man, superb.

Aye, 0-3. Dyer scored twice, he played just off Shearer. Was untouchable that night.

I am a bit perplexed by how his footballing ability during the Sir Bobby Robson rein has really exaggerated for some of you on this board.  For a guy who couldn't pass, shoot or tackle it is a bit amazing since I remember reading pages and pages lamenting his poor performances time and time again.

He spent the majority of his NUFC career in center midfield but by the end of his time here he became such a liability in that part of the field that we tried him right midfield, up front and even right back.  Says a lot.

Guest Stephen927

Treated Robson like shit. Fuck him.

He has shown deep remorse for his actions, give him some slack. Like none of us have disrespected anyone ever.

I am a bit perplexed by how his footballing ability during the Sir Bobby Robson rein has really exaggerated for some of you on this board.  For a guy who couldn't pass, shoot or tackle it is a bit amazing since I remember reading pages and pages lamenting his poor performances time and time again.

He spent the majority of his NUFC career in center midfield but by the end of his time here he became such a liability in that part of the field that we tried him right midfield, up front and even right back.  Says a lot.

Dyer was a quality player for us at his best. Sir Bobby himself would have told you that (well, he did, in his autobiography). Pace, movement, dribbling, could beat a man, decent finishing when through on goal, and quite importantly he was someone who encouraged the team to play on the deck.

The constant injuries were always going to catch up to him, as they would do with any player.

I am a bit perplexed by how his footballing ability during the Sir Bobby Robson rein has really exaggerated for some of you on this board.  For a guy who couldn't pass, shoot or tackle it is a bit amazing since I remember reading pages and pages lamenting his poor performances time and time again.

He spent the majority of his NUFC career in center midfield but by the end of his time here he became such a liability in that part of the field that we tried him right midfield, up front and even right back.  Says a lot.

Dyer was a quality player for us at his best. Sir Bobby himself would have told you that (well, he did, in his autobiography). Pace, movement, dribbling, could beat a man, decent finishing when through on goal, and quite importantly he was someone who encouraged the team to play on the deck.

The constant injuries were always going to catch up to him, as they would do with any player.

Section on Dyer in Robson autobiography is hilarious.  Basically lists all his faults (a lengthy list) and then says he is good.

Aye, 0-3. Dyer scored twice, he played just off Shearer. Was untouchable that night.

I remember that game. He was pure class.

According the Premier League stats, Dyer played more league games than all of them.

Edit: He actually made the joint most appearances that season excluding Given.

Interesting that his most injury free season is the season we get our highest league finish of the Bobby era.

That side was our most athletic in recent years. On the break, simply terrifying. He wasn't Paul Scholes but looking back he was a fantastic player for us. Simple passes but always looked for the ball.

Solano-Dyer-Speed-Robert the best midfield we've had in a long time. We've had plenty of CM's since. Jenas, Parker, Butt, Smith, Geremi, Bowyer, Barton and many more. However none proved to be as good for us as Dyer. Out of everyone from that midfield/front 6 Dyer's contribution has been the most overlooked.