Imagine how many points we'd have....

Tooj

It's the midfield and a lack of balance throughout the side. There's always gaping holes all over the pitch and we still do the "Oh, we've lost the ball, let's drop off 15 yards and surrender territory for no reason" thing.

The majority of people I spoke to pre-match in the pub said the same thing - play 4 in midfield with Nolan off Shola or Carroll tonight to stop WBA over-running us. If so many fans can see it, why can't Hughton? Nolan is a disgrace in a 4-4-2, yes he scores goals every now and again but as a central midfielder he needs to be contributing for more than 30 seconds of a game.

Becoming increasingly obvious that Nolan is a massive hindrance to any attempt to actually play football. His game consists of getting on the end of knockdowns from long balls... and that's it. Offers nothing else whatsoever.

It's great he's got those goals, I'll take getting out of this division any way possible.

Really can't wait until he's not playing for us anymore though.

Would love to see tonights team with Barton starting instead of Nolan and Raylor instead of Simpson, think we could play some pretty good stuff.

Up until Nolan fluffed that chance towards the end, I didn't even realise he was playing.

Totally non-existant.

That said, he's made up for it in other games.

no he hasn't. if he'd scored that goal today it would have summed his season up. play 89mins 59secs of anonymous stuff. 1 second of goal.

some think if a player scores then he is good and has had a good game. i disagree as i've seen many player score yet play shit.

If anyone here went to Preston away or presumeably Ipswich away, you cant argue he has produced some of the better moments this season...but that is sentimentality...and id take promotion of sentimentality atm...

Smith has been decent in my view. Ball winner. He is a walking red card and guarenteed yellow every game, but i think it is a very lob-sided midfield...Guthrie is ideal but then we'd have to play Nolan off of someone, and with Shola still regaining fitness, that means Carroll, and neither of them are the 20 goal a season striker that we need at the moment...Lovenkrands is impressing me though, even winning headers and scoring from them.

---------------Smudger----------------

Ryan--------Guthrie---------Jonas--

--------------Nolan-----------------

---------------Loven-----------------

though how this will be affected when Barton is back i dont know, as heart would say play him in the centre, but head says Hughton will play him on the right...