Nottingham Forest reject 'derisory' offer for James Perch

Guest PJ87

Think we'll have to get used to missing out on players from clubs when Ashley still thinks the transfer market is operating in 1895.

Fair point I suppose, you could take that view.

As much as I want players, if we can't afford them then we need to start facing that fact.

Think this is what everyone expected really, some token bids that were never going to be accepted and then a statement about how we tried but other clubs were being really unfair and wouldn't give us players on the cheap. Ashley probably undervalues players the way he overvalues the club.

This is obviously a Colin Calderwood idea. He would know the lad better than anyone.

I really doubt we are playing the "well we tried" game with a player like this, he's not got any sort of profile unlike Modric, Woodgate and even Beckford.

I don't want to sound like a twat, but can we not sign a player I've actually heard of?

Unlucky!

I know what you mean though... I honestly don't mind as long as they don't turn out to be a waste of time. We've not exactly had a great record with a lot of well-known players in the past.

I don't want to sound like a twat, but can we not sign a player I've actually heard of?

Unlucky!

I know what you mean though... I honestly don't mind as long as they don't turn out to be a waste of time. We've not exactly had a great record with a lot of well-known players in the past.

True enough. I just can't imagine a great player being called Perch. :lol:

We're looking pretty desperate in the press, now apparantly after Michael O'Connor and Garry Hooper from Scunthorpe...

Considering both West Ham and Hull are watching O'Connor, it's unlikely.

Hooper would be a good signing. Better than Carroll anyway.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Glad the bid was rejected....i don't think he'd be good enough and our precious money would be better spent elsewhere

What money ??

Glad the bid was rejected....i don't think he'd be good enough and our precious money would be better spent elsewhere

What money ??

The money in the jar on top of the fridge. Theres enough for 3 Snickers, a Choc Ice and a Freddo

Just been on SSN that Hughton has said he's confident of bringing Perch in.

Saw that. Its strange that I now hope most bids we make for players fail, despite us needing to bring players in.

Guest Stephen927

If we get Perch we've absolutely no need to have Butt in the squad, give him to Hull for free please.

I've always thought Butt was still well rated by the media and some managers.. Phil Brown seems perfect for us to fool. :D