Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I think he was better today than he had been in previous weeks.

Agreed. The penalty was rubbish because he knew he'd been beaten by positioning, but aside from that he was alright IMO. Got an assist at the end and then only his limitations on the ball stopped him getting the winner. If that had been Coloccini... :anguish:

Agreed. The penalty was rubbish because he knew he'd been beaten by positioning, but aside from that he was alright IMO. Got an assist at the end and then only his limitations on the ball stopped him getting the winner. If that had been Coloccini... :anguish:

Yep. The penalty was daft though considering he fouled a guy who couldn't reach the cross.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Perch and Colo are a big no go, (see Norwich away)

Since when did Simpson have long curly hair?

FWIW I would definitely try perch and Colo over Mike and Colo.

Guest neesy111

I've seen the Williamson penalty for the first time, what the hell does he think that's going to bring us?

Thought he was playing rugby for a 10 seconds?

The sooner he can be shipped out the back four the better. Clumsy oaf of a defender and he's as weak as piss.

No real options at this stage but lets hope we can bring in someone better in the summer.

Aye, I'd want at least three CB's ahead of him in the squad.

He's just not good enough, unfortunately.

Always thought and still think he's a decent, hard working professional who is good to come in for one or two games but that's it. I expect he'll be 3rd or 4th choice next season because Saylor will be back and we'll probably sign another centre half.

Worried about what Arsenal will do to him to be honest.

I still think he does the basics very well, especially when he doesn't have time to think about it.

He's the kind of defender that is really effective in the last 10 minutes of a game when you're under the cosh, defending a one goal lead and you just want the ball out of danger. He'll header it clear, last ditch challenge, putting the ball into the row z etc.

His problem is when he has time and space. He's not very comfortable on the ball (in fact, he's f***ing hopeless) and has an element of Simpson Sydrome when he's being ran at. Sometimes his defending is too no nonsense (i.e. headering the ball away when he has time and no one in sight/hoofing it away).

Happy with him being 4th choice.

Some absolutely ludicrous and over-the-top criticism in this thread. He's a competent Premier League defender on his day; he's just had a rather poor run of games lately. It's certainly possible we brought him back from injury a bit early and he's still playing catch-up a bit.

This.  Apart from the ridiculous shirt pull (which he doe every game for some reason) I thought he played well.  Made some good blocks, won a lot in the air and made some really decent challenges. 

Fair play for getting the assist as well, kind of made up for his earlier fuck up I suppose.  Shame he didn't bang one in at the end, or get out of the way and let Lovelyhands hit it.

Not arguing he should be anything more than 4th choice, but he's pretty much all we've got apart from Colo.  Perch isn't a viable option!

Watched the highlights again last night, Lovenkrands was going beserk at him in the last minute when he took that chance off him. Still have got no idea why Williamson didn't just lash it in  :huff: