Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I find it odd how when he heads the ball away it barely travels any distance whereas Saylor heads the ball much further

Williamson is a limited defender, that is something we have known BUT we have no alternative so hopefully he can pick up his form asap

Guest firetotheworks

Now I remember why I stopped coming on this board. 'Opinions' based around arguing and seemingly strengthening perpetual, persistent stances at the slightest opportunity to do so. Quick, Williamson's hair is a bit askew this week, I better run to N-O and vindicate myself. Really is a board spoilt by people ramming home their own self satisfaction like.

Guest Brazilianbob

Now I remember why I stopped coming on this board. 'Opinions' based around arguing and seemingly strengthening perpetual, persistent stances at the slightest opportunity to do so. Quick, Williamson's hair is a bit askew this week, I better run to N-O and vindicate myself. Really is a board spoilt by people ramming home their own self satisfaction like.

Sums this forum up perfectly!

:thup: Often feels like some people enjoy the failure of some players if it gives them an opportunity to fuel their online ego. Pretty gay.

Welcome to human nature. It be like that sometimes.

He was shrugged off too easily for the goal. Just as Gibbs and co. were too easily disposed of by Hatem for ours. Of course these are great moves by good players, but the defenders are playing at the top level too, and Williamson made it quite easy for Van Persie. My main question about the goal still relates to Walcott being behind both our left sided players and one on one with our centreback seconds after the restart.

I thought he did okay, won pretty much every header and the goal was more about RVP being very good than Williamson being poor.

He shouldn't be first choice mind, but obviously injuries and lack of cover have dictated that.

I thought he did okay, won pretty much every header and the goal was more about RVP being very good than Williamson being poor.

He shouldn't be first choice mind, but obviously injuries and lack of cover have dictated that.

Pretty much sums it up well.

:thup:

Agree with that really, was decent for most the match although I still think he could have done better with the goal. If it was Colo in that position I don't think RVP would have managed to get his shot off, Colo would have been tighter to him.

I had him on par with Taylor last year, how wrong I was. I'm not quite sure how I ever didn't see his major flaws. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent back up centre half but he's just not cut out for being in our first team.

What Pardew does in the summer regarding who plays alongside Colo will be key. Williamson should not get a look in.

He needs to be 4th choice for where we want to be aiming for. He's limited and isn't coping well with the pressure, he knows he's a weak link, if not the weakest and it doesn't look like he's going to pick his head up anytime soon. We've a tendency to berate our CBs, hopefully sjp can get behind him, give him ott support and see him through this sticky period...then buy another cb in the summer.

He needs to be 4th choice for where we want to be aiming for. He's limited and isn't coping well with the pressure, he knows he's a weak link, if not the weakest and it doesn't look like he's going to pick his head up anytime soon. We've a tendency to berate our CBs, hopefully sjp can get behind him, give him ott support and see him through this sticky period...then buy another cb in the summer.

Totally agree.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but nor is there a lot of dignity in saying he's done 'nothing wrong' in reference to a player who's incompetence has cost us goals in each of our last 4 games.

I had him on par with Taylor last year, how wrong I was. I'm not quite sure how I ever didn't see his major flaws. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent back up centre half but he's just not cut out for being in our first team.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about that assumption. At the half way point of last season we'd never seen Taylor have a spell where he looked consistently up to top flight level whereas Williamson was looking generally solid if not outstanding in the Prem.

Taylor's clearly got better natural attributes, but up until that point both had proven to be of a similar standard for us. I still think the start of this season was the best football Taylor has played in his career by a distance.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about that assumption. At the half way point of last season we'd never seen Taylor have a spell where he looked consistently up to top flight level whereas Williamson was looking generally solid if not outstanding in the Prem.

Taylor's clearly got better natural attributes, but up until that point both had proven to be of a similar standard for us. I still think the start of this season was the best football Taylor has played in his career by a distance.

Taylor had been showing 4 years previously that he was capable of playing well in the Premier League, he was just one of the players who people decided was shit following relegation.