Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Not exactly want you want from a footballer but when he doesn't try to play football and just does the basics then he is OK.  His defending tonight was good,  was good in the air, made some good blocks at crucial times and looked pretty solid throughout.  Its when he tries to play football that the problems start!! lol

Not exactly want you want from a footballer but when he doesn't try to play football and just does the basics then he is OK.  His defending tonight was good,  was good in the air, made some good blocks at crucial times and looked pretty solid throughout.  Its when he tries to play football that the problems start!! lol

I remember him trying to kick the ball in our box and he seemed to miss it and fall over as if he'd been shot. :lol:

Ive just read that he's in an uncapped XI for English players in the PL alongside Simpson and Harper. This is as picked by Lawro, Dixon and Colin Murray. Just shows how clueless most pundits are. He's only the 3rd best uncapped centre back at Newcastle FFS, let alone the PL.

:serious:

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly can't remember one hoof. In fact I remember him passing it first time a couple of times. I'm still sat in SJP staring into space right now.

I honestly can't remember one hoof. In fact I remember him passing it first time a couple of times. I'm still sat in SJP staring into space right now.

Aha! The enigma of Mike Williams, man.

He did what CH's should do last night i.e. won headers and got some decent challenges in. As the game wore on last night he definitely looked more comfortable on the ball and his confidence looked less fragile.

He's played a lot more football this season than anyone, probably including himself, would have ever expected or hoped and he needs the support of the crowd when he's wearing the shirt.

His back pass to Krul last night nearly cost us, trying to be to elaborate with Colo.

That was comical and almost costly.

Along with Tiote's habit of giving the ball away in crucial areas we really try to be our own downfall on occasions.

It actually looked like he had been specifically instructed not to hoof the ball last night - same with Simpson.

At times it seemed like he was looking up ready to twat it and then had second thoughts, and played it simply on the deck instead.

Guest firetotheworks

More to do with having more options in midfield with us having 3 there and then them being a man light tbf, but it still happened. I'll take it. 

Piss weak against Koné at one point, his panic attack when Colo passed it to him in the first half and he hacked his foot into the ground and misplaced his pass back to him was pure comedy.

Decent enough otherwise but really lacking in confidence at the moment. That coupled with his lack of ability on the ball makes him a liability.

He did what CH's should do last night i.e. won headers and got some decent challenges in. As the game wore on last night he definitely looked more comfortable on the ball and his confidence looked less fragile.

He's played a lot more football this season than anyone, probably including himself, would have ever expected or hoped and he needs the support of the crowd when he's wearing the shirt.

I'd agree with this. We definitely need a couple CB's in Jan. If we don't even get 1 then I'll... well... I won't do anything but I'll be awfully peturbed.

More to do with having more options in midfield with us having 3 there and then them being a man light tbf, but it still happened. I'll take it. 

Yeah, it might be wishful thinking on my part, but whatever the reason for it i'll take it.

Just seemed too much like a coincidence that both hoofers were playing the ball on the deck more. Even Krul didn't seem to be banging it forward as much

Yeah, it might be wishful thinking on my part, but whatever the reason for it i'll take it.

Just seemed too much like a coincidence that both hoofers were playing the ball on the deck more. Even Krul didn't seem to be banging it forward as much

Aye, I remember a moment where Krul was signalling everyone forward for the hoof (as per usual) but then decided to roll it to Anita. I came.

Aye, I remember a moment where Krul was signalling everyone forward for the hoof (as per usual) but then decided to roll it to Anita. I came.

;D

He was better last night like, I wouldn't say he was particularly great but he was far improved imo. Hopefully that clean sheet will give him a bit of confidence.

I'm not sure about that. He wasn't tested very often but when he was he filled me with terror everytime he was near the ball.