Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I'd rather have Perch tbh. I just like players who are comfortable on the ball and seems less likely to panic under pressure.

Perchy in. 

no more Willo hoofs and dropping clangers every game.  He's starting to worry me in the same ways like the days of Bramble, you're just waiting for that obligatory clanger to be dropped each game by the player, just don't know at what minute of the game it will happen.

And if he does happen to have a good game, you just wished he made that clanger early on, so we don't concede one late on like a eqializer or a winning goal by the opposition because of his inevitable cock up.

Bramble was an infinitely better player for us.

really? Willo that bad?  I remember Bramble hoofed it a lot as well.

Aye, to one of the wingers, usually. :lol:

I'd rather have Perch tbh. I just like players who are comfortable on the ball and seems less likely to panic under pressure.

Perchy in. 

no more Willo hoofs and dropping clangers every game.  He's starting to worry me in the same ways like the days of Bramble, you're just waiting for that obligatory clanger to be dropped each game by the player, just don't know at what minute of the game it will happen.

And if he does happen to have a good game, you just wished he made that clanger early on, so we don't concede one late on like a eqializer or a winning goal by the opposition because of his inevitable cock up.

His quality of passing was his best and most consistent attribute imo.

Perchy in. 

His quality of passing was his best and most consistent attribute imo.

It's the main reason Bobby bought him instead of the other CBs he was looking at.

Bramble had his concentration lapses. But only time I was at St James Park he was the best player on the pitch. Winning everything in the air. Back then we never lost a single ball in the air thanks to Bramble and Shearer.

Obviously he was terrible for a lot but he definitely had something about him, something Willo doesn't.

Perchy in. 

Yep.

As a physical & athletic stopper (man-marker), there is no comparison.

The one-on-one battles rarely were 'the' concern with Bramble. He just needed a babysitter, or an organiser alongside - to keep his mind on point for 90mins.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Perch is no better than Williamson.

You must be joking.

They are about the same level, neither is good enough.

As a CH I agree

Perch's versatliliy makes him a more useful squad addition

I think he is a better RB/DM than he is CH

Perch is no better than Williamson.

You must be joking.

They are about the same level, neither is good enough.

As a CH I agree

Perch's versatliliy makes him a more useful squad addition

I think he is a better RB/DM than he is CH

I'd go along with this. Desperately need another first choice centre back as Saylor has once again proven to not be reliable over the course of a season.

Bramble was strong in the tackle and in the air, but incredibly clumsy with the ball at his feet. He didn't pass the ball, he just banged it and hoped it would hit a team-mate at some point in its flight path.

Guest icemanblue

Bramble was strong in the tackle and in the air, but incredibly clumsy with the ball at his feet. He didn't pass the ball, he just banged it and hoped it would hit a team-mate at some point in its flight path.

Nah, not having that, like. He used to ping at least one 50 yard+ ball, to the winger/forwards feet, a game.