Habib Beye

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just realised, there's another player with Necastle links signed by Bruce in Titus Bramble.

So that makes:

Butt

N'Zogbia

Beye

Bramble

Bent

Kilgallon

so far in my reckoning. He's either obsessed or clueless by my reckoning.

tbf, we are linked with nearly every average footballer in the world.

O'Neill makes sense.

O'Neil is a good manager.

Shepherd went for Allardyce when O'Neill wanted our job

Shows what Shepherd's standards were.

Beye starting for us today, at centre half.

Was class at centre-half towards the end of last season for us. As his legs are starting to go definitely a position he's more than comfortable in.

• 1 month later...

Boo Hoo

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/124838/Fall-guy-Habib-Beye-in-Villa-Quit-threat/

HABIB Beye last night declared his aim to quit Aston Villa – barely seven months ­after joining them.

The Senegal defender, a £2.5m buy from Newcastle, has made just five Premier League appearances for Martin O’Neill’s side.

France-born Beye, 32, had previously been a first-team regular since 1998 with Strasbourg, Marseille and the Toon.

But he has now fallen behind Carlos ­Cuellar, Richard Dunne, James Collins and Luke Young in the Carling Cup finalists’ pecking order.

“Things are not going too well for me at Villa,” centre-back Beye fumed. “I have only played in 10 games in all ­competitions."

“This is the first time in 12 years I’ve had a season like this – and it is not easy for me to put up with.

I am 32, I feel in good physical shape and I don’t see myself sitting on the bench.

If I can’t express myself as a footballer with Aston Villa, it will be elsewhere.

I have always been important, to a ­greater or lesser degree, at every club where I’ve played.

It is the manager’s choice. You have to respect his decisions even if you don’t ­accept them, as he is the sole captain of the ship.” Beye now hopes to join ­another Premier League club during the summer.

French clubs don’t punch at the same weight as ­English ones when it comes to salaries,” he said.

“Returning to France would be complicated for me.

The wages in England are twice as high and I can’t see a French club investing that much money in a ­player.

I’d consider an ­interesting challenge in France but the salary is the problem.”

I'd have him back on a year's contract. Good back up/competition for Simpson.

This.

Would you have him back even though he ditched us?

I loved him when he was playing for us, but he went down in my estimations when he left cos he thought the grass was greener on the other side.

This.

I loved him when he was playing for us, but he went down in my estimations when he left cos he thought the grass was greener on the other side.

Fuck it, he's a Premier League class player and we'll need them. He could've pissed in my pint if he can do a job then I'm happy to see him back.

This.

I like to think he was one of the ones who wanted to stay but a decent offer had came in for him him and the club needed the money.

This.

I like to think he was one of the ones who wanted to stay but a decent offer had came in for him him and the club needed the money.

I thought he made it clear he wanted to leave when he was kicking off pre-season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5432691,00.html

No chance of promotion

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting.

"This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

Beye believes the Magpies should be looking to reappoint Alan Shearer as manager but adds that not even the Toon legend knows what is going on.

"I'm really upset by what has or rather has not been going on this summer," he confessed.

"It was hard enough dealing with the disappointment of being relegated but things just seem to be going from bad to worse.

No thanks,involved himself with the political strife of the club to give him an excuse to leave.The players who stayed and rolled up their sleeves to put us into our present position,not hightailing it out of here.

He deserves his predicament,and I reckon there's more chance of Nicky Butt getting an England recall than Beye coming back.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5432691,00.html

No chance of promotion

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting.

"This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

Beye believes the Magpies should be looking to reappoint Alan Shearer as manager but adds that not even the Toon legend knows what is going on.

"I'm really upset by what has or rather has not been going on this summer," he confessed.

"It was hard enough dealing with the disappointment of being relegated but things just seem to be going from bad to worse.

Oh, how right he was there  :lol:

No thanks,involved himself with the political strife of the club to give him an excuse to leave.The players who stayed and rolled up their sleeves to put us into our present position,not hightailing it out of here.

He deserves his predicament,and I reckon there's more chance of Nicky Butt getting an England recall than Beye coming back.

Aye, originally he came out with this and said he wanted to stay and get us back up.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20090526/beye-nails-colours-to-magpie-mast_2240137_1667147

Beye Nails Colours To Magpie Mast

By Craig Hope

HABIB Beye has nailed his colours to the black-and-white mast with the popular Newcastle United defender insisting that he wants to help fire the club back into the Premier League next season.

The 31-year-old is a firm favourite among the Geordie faithful and this news will come as music to the ears of supporters who were left floored following Sunday's relegation from the top flight.

Beye said: "The players who will be here next year must put this club back in the Premier League.

"I'm in - I'm a Newcastle player.

Article continues>>

"I'm sad like everyone else.

"I'm under contract, and I will be here next year to put this club back in the Premier League.

"I have played for Newcastle for two years and I love this club."

He added: "Everyone is responsible for this situation. Every player is responsible.

"Everybody must understand it's not just about 11 players or 18 players.

"It's about a city and the fans, and a lot of people who work at this club.

"It's hard to think about."