Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

He ran a riot around Cole, Cashley was shit scared the whole game.

Problem with Routledge is he always does the same dribble, and when it fails he runs out of options and starts passing the ball backwards the whole time. With Jonas we at least have someone who although is a shit crosser relieves pressure from the rest of the team and doesn't panic every time there's two guys near him.

I don't really buy the confidence thing. He's just not good enough.

He is both technically and physically good enough to do a job in the EPL.  

One of his main problems is that he's making the wrong choices. He doesn't start to dribble before the player is too close. Since many players in PL match his speed and are stronger than him, that of course result in them getting body contact and pushing him away. His main asset is his mobility, so he must be much more decisive when space opens up for him.  Also his passing abilities needs improvement.

I'm sure one of the best left backs in the world wouldn't be s*** scared of Wayne Routledge.

Aye, Routledge was on a magic potion that day. Routledge had a great game against him.

I'm sure one of the best left backs in the world wouldn't be s*** scared of Wayne Routledge.

Aye, Routledge was on a magic potion that day. Routledge had a great game against him.

Never said he wasn't good.

Routledge wasn't "great" in that game against Chelsea. He gave Cole a tough time on a couple of occasions, but it was far from Gillespie against Barcelona.

Hey, 'great' as in 'great' for his standards. It's like saying anyone has a great game when they are far from Pele, Maradona and so on.

Fucking hell toooooj

Anyone can have a one off. Look at Perch v Jonas (apparently).

No one is arguing it wasn't a one-off though. Routledge belongs in the championship and just like billytray said it's a great investment for Swansea as when they go down they have Routledge whow ill help them go up again.

Guest BooBoo

Routledge was good against Cole but that was the exception. It started on day one when he was clearly intimidated by Patrice Evra. You could count on one hand last season how many times he tried to take on the full back and hit the bye line.

Anyone can have a one off. Look at Perch v Jonas (apparently).

I'm still fairly adamant he was only good in the first half of that game. Remember everyone shooting their loads thinking he was the new Maldini when he were linked but he was partially at fault for our first goal & the second game down his side n all.