Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I hope that he does well and should get no stick at all on his return.  I think he'll do well at Swansea and I think he would have done OK here if we'd given him more time.

Good luck to him, helped cement our promotion and I do think he's a talented player. I don't know how Swansea will fare this season but given a prolonged run in their side I've no doubt Routledge will prove to be one of their best players.

Best of luck Wayne. I was really excited when we signed him - hopefully this time he'll get rid of that stigma of being a Premiership bottler. Seems like a canny lad.

Swansea are obviously preparing for promotion in 2 years time.

At a time where the promotion effort threatened to tail off, Routledge could go down as one of the most important transfers of the last few years. Failing to achieve promotion would've been near-catastrophic imo, and Routledge played an enormous role in sealing our return to the Premier League. It just so happened he wasn't good enough at this level, and we we've done the right thing by shipping him out. We still haven't replaced him as our first choice/back-up winger, however - and that's absolutely imperative. Especially with Barton's inevitable departure.

Good luck, Wayne. :thup:

At a time where the promotion effort threatened to tail off, Routledge could go down as one of the most important transfers of the last few years. Failing to achieve promotion would've been near-catastrophic imo, and Routledge played an enormous role in sealing our return to the Premier League. It just so happened he wasn't good enough at this level, and we we've done the right thing by shipping him out. We still haven't replaced him as our first choice/back-up winger, however - and that's absolutely imperative. Especially with Barton's inevitable departure.

Good luck, Wayne. :thup:

Aye, he was an excellent signing at the time, just what we needed.