Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm on the fence, he could do well next season or he could flop. He needs someone better behind him.

That kind of insightful opinion will land you a job on 'Goals on Sunday' if you're not careful.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm on the fence, he could do well next season or he could flop. He needs someone better behind him.

Probably be a 1 good game in 3 kind of player.

That'd still be 1 good game more than previous players we've had!

I'm slightly more confident of him succeeding in the prem than Jonas. Jonas is the better player overall, but Routledge is more suited to the english game as you'd probably expect.

Fair play to him, it's a shame we can't put him in the freezer after games to keep him 25 forever, the pace on him is fantastic. Easily one of the quickest players around.

I'm slightly more confident of him succeeding in the prem than Jonas. Jonas is the better player overall, but Routledge is more suited to the english game as you'd probably expect.

Fair play to him, it's a shame we can't put him in the freezer after games to keep him 25 forever, the pace on him is fantastic. Easily one of the quickest players around.

This. And he has the incredible agility and quick feet that Aaron Lennon and SWP have. Pretty sure he could take on most of the bottom half EPL teams fullbacks successfully.

Wasn't he pretty good at Fulham when he went there on loan a couple of seasons back?

This. And he has the incredible agility and quick feet that Aaron Lennon and SWP have. Pretty sure he could take on most of the bottom half EPL teams fullbacks successfully.

Wasn't he pretty good at Fulham when he went there on loan a couple of seasons back?

he tends to start off pretty good everywhere but tails off after 3 or 4 months.

Routledge might just be our Matthew Etherington in terms of dropping down into the Championship for a spell to regain form and confidence. Not expecting miracles but think he'll supply a steady line of goals and assists. I can see him get about 6 goals and 8-10 assists.

I think he's great to have in the squad, looks a player that would be comfortable on either wing.

It's not the priority for the summer, but getting in another RW who could push Routledge for that spot would be ideal IMO.

Ambrose on the cheap as cover for both flanks would be canny.

I thought you were against signing Ambrose?

In any case, Routledge must easily have 10 assists since joining us, he's been absolutely brilliant, even better than Jonas.

Routledge did well int he prem as a 19 year old in a pretty average Palace team. he will be good for us next season, no doubit about it. He's got his confidence and momentum back now. He was a steal for us. We were very fortunate to get him the way we did.

He was a steal for us. We were very fortunate to get him the way we did.

It is the first time in a long time that a large voice of the fans have been saying "We need someone like Routledge" and the club have actually gone out and got them. I couldn't believe it when it was first announced :lol:

He was a steal for us. We were very fortunate to get him the way we did.

It is the first time in a long time that a large voice of the fans have been saying "We need someone like Routledge" and the club have actually gone out and got them. I couldn't believe it when it was first announced :lol:

Word, been so long since our club signed who we wanted at the right time.