Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I'm with Ronaldo on this, regardless of Barton's good form on the right hand side, I think we can't underestimate how much more balanced we look with Routledge out on the right. Think he should start the next few games.

Today there was only ever really Carroll that was going to realistically score, with Barton's crossing ability Carroll, Nolan when he's back and even Shola offers a goal threat.

I'm with Ronaldo on this, regardless of Barton's good form on the right hand side, I think we can't underestimate how much more balanced we look with Routledge out on the right. Think he should start the next few games.

Today there was only ever really Carroll that was going to realistically score, with Barton's crossing ability Carroll, Nolan when he's back and even Shola offers a goal threat.

Yep, Barton should go straight back in the team.

Doesn't mean Routledge should go out, though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Deserves to start now, offers much more balance and seemed to have a bit more confidence to go and take on (And beat) his man.

I'd rather revert back to tried and tested forumlas tbh. We've won with Barton on the right and Shola/Carroll upfront. The decision today was forced... Routledge did okay and i'd be tempted to keep him in if the next game were at home - but it isn't. It's a tough away game which we've every chance of winning, so i'd revert back to type.

Why not? I think we'll get more goals with Barton right, Nolan centre & Ameobi up front, than Routledge right, Barton centre, and Nolan/Shola up front.

I just think that a good performance deserves another chance in the team.

It's a bit of poor show from a manager to say "Well done on having a great game, back to the bench now.". Just like we won't drop Krul as soon as Harper gets back. A good performance deserves a place in the team.

I would much rather see

Routledge Barton Tiote Jonas

Carroll Ameobi

than

Barton Nolan Tiote Jonas

Carroll Ameobi

next week.

I must have been watching another match. He had one great cross for Carroll and that shot, but the rest of the time I thought he looked scared to run past Cole and was crossing from far too deep. Might keep his place if Barton returns to the centre, but I think the way we played with Barton on right was our best spell this season.

Totally agree with everything you've said. I still don't think he'll be consistently good enough for the Premier League.

Guest Ridzuan

He did better than I had expected today, so well done to him. Still I would start with Barton over him if he is fit and not suspended given the form Barton is playing before he got suspended.

I just think that a good performance deserves another chance in the team.

It's a bit of poor show from a manager to say "Well done on having a great game, back to the bench now.". Just like we won't drop Krul as soon as Harper gets back. A good performance deserves a place in the team.

I would much rather see

Routledge  Barton  Tiote  Jonas

Carroll  Ameobi

than

Barton  Nolan  Tiote  Jonas

Carroll  Ameobi

next week.

All about opinions but I think you play the percentages this season.

He did better than I had expected today, so well done to him. Still I would start with Barton over him if he is fit and not suspended given the form Barton is playing before he got suspended.

Agree with that. Nice to have options though, and I hope Hughton uses him more from now on.

I must have been watching another match. He had one great cross for Carroll and that shot, but the rest of the time I thought he looked scared to run past Cole and was crossing from far too deep. Might keep his place if Barton returns to the centre, but I think the way we played with Barton on right was our best spell this season.

Routledge always looks a bit scared generally, both physically and mentally. I'd agree with you - I didn't see anything today which suggested he should keep his place when Barton returns.

A midfield of Routledge Barton Tiote Jonas is needed, in theory.

I think Barton and Tiote would spend too much time getting in each others way, which is why I don't mind him out on the right.  Nolan only gets back when necessary but I can see Joey camped out there in the middle annoying the hell out of Tiote and breaking down play.