Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Excited I never been this excited since 07 summer

2005 was last time I was excited about our transfers. France international centre-back, seasoned Premier League campaigner as a left-back, creative player from Inter, tough tackling Chelsea midfielder, £10m Spanish forward, England's golden boy, the return of Nobby...

Loads left to do on this deal. Only takes a prem club to bid and that's that. I wanna get excited but I can't till it's done deal

It sounds stupid but I reckon we are the best place for him to go at this stage of his career, lets just hope he thinks the same.

We are nailed on to gain promotion so hell have 20 odd games to settle in at championship level, then he'll be a Prem player.

Settle down guys, I dont think he will sign for us.

It is typical of this club, build our hopes up and then finally admit we were close to getting him but we wouldnt pay the extra 10p to get him so he has signed for WBA.

Loads left to do on this deal. Only takes a prem club to bid and that's that. I wanna get excited but I can't till it's done deal

surprised Arsenal haven`t bid for him. Hopefully they don`t....

Would he want to do what Wallcot did though?  Go from the next big thing to a long term bit-part player?

To be honest, I'm not too worried about Ashley's motives in the short term. We need to get promoted otherwise we risk fading into obscurity, this window should hopefully have given us a far greater chance of achieving this. This doesn't mean I forgive him or back him (or want to have anal sex with him), just that in the short term we need to focus on getting up.

Correct. It really is all that matters in the short term for the very reasons you state.

Financial stability and longer term success can only come after this first step.

Well it looks like all we need to do is match top bid. If they 'considered' a £1.5m bid then there is plenty of room for negotiation, hopefully Ashley is just going in low knowing how desperate they are (especially if he's heard Moses has us as his 1st choice) Anything less than £3m is a bargain.

I can't bring myself to believe this one is going to come off.

He most probably won't as he must have PL options closer to home.

If he does then great - if not it'll be like when John Salako preferred Coventry City to us. Remember that ?

I think if it's a straight shoot out between us WBA & Forest, we'll get him. If a few lower Premier League clubs offer, I think it's 50-50, one of the top 8 bid, no chance.

Guest toonlass

I can't bring myself to believe this one is going to come off.

This, I feel like if I even start believing it might happen it will fall through.

Guest toonlass

simonbirdmirror

RE Moses: Hughton seemed V confident this morning, and he's not a man who gets too bullish at the best of times. so probably, not possible

:lol:

So if we bring in this little list:

Simpson

Williamson

Van der Left back (loan)

Fizt Hall (loan)

Routledge

Moses

Then Ashley sold Colo or Jonas for £7m+ on deadline day, would people still see that as a successful window?

So if we bring in this little list:

Simpson

Williamson

Van der Left back (loan)

Fizt Hall (loan)

Routledge

Moses

Then Ashley sold Colo or Jonas for £7m+ on deadline day, would people still see that as a successful window?

Jonas, yes. Colo, no.