Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Even though i have my doubts over whether i think this will go through, i must say the Hughton interview did look encouraging.

He's kept fairly low key so far but seemed fairly confident in his interview, it might have been because he knew about the other two coming in today though.

Conversely, you can say a young ambitious footballer would like to give it a shot in the Premier League under a quality manager like Hodgson.

You could say it but why would you?

Well it's hardly ridiculous to say he might think that, is it? Aye Fulham are as mediocre as it gets as a football club - but they've got a lot of things that we don't, and it'd be wrong to say it wouldn't appeal. In my opinion (and trying to turn down the personal bias as much as possible) - we'd be the better option. But the Premier League is a big head-turner.

I attended Fulham vs Villa in the closing stages of last season and the Villa lot had the whole away end and the neutral section too.

Weird, I shall be doing just this tomorrow

Fulham has to be one of the best Prem clubs to go to as a developing youngster.  From their manager down to their location, it's everything you'd want as a footballer who wants to develop and get a crack at some first team experience in the Prem.  If he ends up there I wouldn't blame him at all.

Conversely, you can say a young ambitious footballer would like to give it a shot in the Premier League under a quality manager like Hodgson.

You could say it but why would you?

Well it's hardly ridiculous to say he might think that, is it? Aye Fulham are as mediocre as it gets as a football club - but they've got a lot of things that we don't, and it'd be wrong to say it wouldn't appeal. In my opinion (and trying to turn down the personal bias as much as possible) - we'd be the better option. But the Premier League is a big head-turner.

That's fair enough anyone is entitled to look at it however they like. Maybe Moses will prefer to saty close to home, that's the best reason I can think of him going there, the premier being a big head turner isn't really an issue with us well placed to be there next season.

My take on it is that Moses came here on Wednesday, took one look at the fantastic stadium and is probably dreaming of the day he can pull on a black and white shirt. He's probably trying to find a way to sack his agent right now for holding up the deal. Plus he's on the phone 3hrs a day to nile ranger asking if he can share digs until he gets sorted

board will have to make a special effort to pull this one off now that premiership sides are interested. Hodgson for instance can point to Smalling as a template for Moses to follow, that he's managed Inter Milan twice, and his side are very much on the up. The allure of playing in front of almost 50,000 in a proper football city alongside his mates Simpson and Ranger might work...as will the promise of regular football and the belief that we'll be in the premiership next season (whereas it's in doubt whether wham or wigan will be). A convincing win over leicester would help in this regard.

I think we've missed the boat tbh. He'll go PL. Kilgallon turned us down but jumped at S'land; say's all you need to know really.

How has we missed the boat?  It was only announced today.  Christ almighty.

Sought after players we've talked about haven't come (Woodgate, Modric, Kilgallon, Beckford....); actual arrivals have been pretty much under the radar.

West Ham are now apparently interested after missing out on Gudjonson. If we talk about a player we haven't yet signed we have a history of not getting them; certainly under Ashley.

I think we've missed the boat tbh. He'll go PL. Kilgallon turned us down but jumped at S'land; say's all you need to know really.

How has we missed the boat?  It was only announced today.  Christ almighty.

Sought after players we've talked about haven't come (Woodgate, Modric, Kilgallon, Beckford....); actual arrivals have been pretty much under the radar.

West Ham are now apparently interested after missing out on Gudjonson. If we talk about a player we haven't yet signed we have a history of not getting them; certainly under Ashley.

This.

He might want to move here, but im sure the likes of Zola/Hodgson/Martinez will talk him around if they get the chance. "Mate, PL is tha shit, come to papaaa"