This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

If nothing else, it's great to have a player who thinks it's a step up to join us, and wants to raise his game to play here. Better than our usual signings of hasbeens from better clubs.

I agree. While these signings aren't the best quality wise, they are mostly young-ish lads all looking to make their mark. It will bring some much needed hunger to the side, I don't know about anyone else but I've had my fill of jaded  big "stars" picking up massive wages without producing results to match.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/864/leonbest.png

What on earth...  :yikes:

I think he's trying to say he's sold out to vince mcmahon, will get some dollar but will also look like a prick.

Well that was my second answer tbf.

Guest Stephen927

Put himself about, probably should have scored but he looked average in general. Maybe some nerves but he doesn't hide from the ball.

I thought he played pretty well tbh, a very no-nonsense CF on today's showing. He did look like a very effective target man and some of his hold-up play was excellent particularly his first touch, not much of a goal threat but it's very early days obviously but i like the look of him.

I kept confusing him with Routledge.

Me too, the fact both wore green boots didn't help.

He didn't really do much apart from get harshly booked and miss an easy header. Prepared to give him time though, as it was his debut and nerves are understandable. Got a nice ovation from the Gallowgate when he went off.

Don't see where the goals are going to come from with him TBH. He looks a handful and someone who will work hard, which will benefit his chances.

His goals record isn't the best over his career so it's no real surprise. His hold up play might be more important than we are giving him credit for tbf, but there was always the worry that once we went down to our fourth choice for striker we weren't going to be getting the erm...best.

Think in the long term pushing the boat out for Moses or Beckford would have proven more financially sound, but they were probably beyond our budget so can't complain really. Not when we've spent good money this window.

Last night Carroll was coming deeper, laying it off, linking the play... and so was Best. He seemed to be playing in the target man role alongside AC, and it was painfully obvious that we needed a Ranger or a Lovenkrands to compliment Carroll - CH changed it and we got two goals out of Lovenkrands.

Best should have been making the runs but he was just as static as Carroll is.

I'd rather play him than Carroll as out target man tbh he's got a great touch and has a great work ethic which constantly brings others into play and his headers when he does win them are accurate. I was impressed, he wasn't outstanding but his teamplay was very refreshing to see as it was so consistent.

Very poor movement - showed zero intelligence when Carroll recieved the ball.

Whenever Carrol got possession and faced goal Best went square to him and limited all options. You could tell the difference when Lovenkrands came on and actual made some runs.