Newcastle United v Coventry - Wednesday 17th Feb, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

Coloccini probably passes the ball better than anybody at the club (although Guthrie on his day is a very efficient distributor).

I can completely see why folk would like to see him in midfield but realistically his presence is needed more in the centre of defence. Anybody advocating a partnership of Williamson and Hall for the rest of the season simply doesn't know how bad Hall actually is. Although he seems to have done alright so far in fairness to him.

___________Lovenkrands_____Carroll______________

_____________________Best_____________________

____________Jonas____Smith____Routledge_________

Van Arnalt_____Williamson____Collocini________Simpson

We have too many rigid players so we should come up with something more flexable. Best could ghost into the box unmarked, obviously adventurous but Jonas & Routledge cant do any worse than Nolan & Guthrie more central, and they can pull out wide when we have the ball. Take the bull by the horns, give them something to worry about, when they arrive at SJP we should want them to see the team sheet and be thinking "s***, what do we do here, who's going to pick him up?".

I like that, perhaps with Guthrie instead of Smith though.

It's basically that Keegan formation which was great. But I would like to see Routledge in Best's position because of his pace and ability and therefore Guthrie in on the Routledge position. And I would switch Smith with Barton as soon as Barton is 100% fit.

Aye I was thinking about Routledge in the hole, hes got a bit of craft about him, and having Guthrie in the middle instead. But I was thinking with Routledge being a midfielder though, his tendancy might be to drop back too often, and to the right, where-as Best is a forward, and his instincts for making runs into the box should be better, effectively pushing them back more. He also seems a neat & tidy player who holds the ball quite well which is important for that position. Also like any new player, he needs a sustained run in the side, and to be given time to find his feet.

Guest malandro

Coloccini probably passes the ball better than anybody at the club (although Guthrie on his day is a very efficient distributor).

I can completely see why folk would like to see him in midfield but realistically his presence is needed more in the centre of defence. Anybody advocating a partnership of Williamson and Hall for the rest of the season simply doesn't know how bad Hall actually is. Although he seems to have done alright so far in fairness to him.

Didn’t he play the holding role once last season? Once being enough to establish he was couldn’t play in midfield.

Didn’t he play the holding role once last season? Once being enough to establish he was couldn’t play in midfield.

He did play there, and is was a disaster. (Like the whole last season) Was against Man City away, he played in a midfield of Geremi, Barton and Duff.

Cardiff was vital and we stormed it, Derby was quite vital and we threw it away, Swansea was vital and we nearly threw it away, this game is vital...who the f*** knows how it'll go :lol:

have you noticed a home/away distinction ?

Cardiff was vital and we stormed it, Derby was quite vital and we threw it away, Swansea was vital and we nearly threw it away, this game is vital...who the fuck knows how it'll go :lol:

:thup:

Its almost like there is a feeling that if we all say "its vital", then the gods will work the game in our favour.

Sky Blues in Toon - last ten:

2004/05: Won 3-1 Shearer, Ameobi, Babayaro (FAC)

2000/01: Won 3-1 Speed, Ameobi, Dyer

1999/00: Won 2-0 Shearer, Gavilan

1998/99: Won 4-1 Shearer 2, Speed, Saha

1997/98: Drew 0-0 No scorer

1996/97: Won 4-0 Watson, Lee, Beardsley, Elliott

1995/96: Won 3-0 Lee, Beardsley, Ferdinand

1994/95: Won 4-0 Lee 2, Watson, Cole

1993/94: Won 4-0 Cole 3, Mathie

1993/94: Won 2-0 Cole, Beardsley (FAC)

Hmm, there's a hoodoo to be broken in there somewhere.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson  Kadar

Routledge  Smith Guthrie  Jonas

Best  Carroll

Will be how i'd go for this match.