Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Altidore is from the same generation as Freddy Adu and whats he doing now? He's athletic, as any American would be, but he's not a pure footballer. He's all the best bits of Martins and all the worst bits too x10.

Dude, he's 20-years old.

Well aware of his age, doesn't make my point any less valid. He's pace and strength, with erratic form, poor technique and no composure. Yes, those are part of the game that come with age, but good players have usually developed at least some technique and composure by the age of 20 (certainly the better ones).

Would be interesting to see what Drogba's technique and composure were like aged 20.

Aye, but we weren't asking amongst ourself if we'd be taking Drogba on loan for a season. Why should we develop someone elses 20 year old for a season when we have Nile Ranger (basically similar vein to Alitdore) already on the books? Hell, we've got Ryan Donaldson and Andy Carroll too.

I wasn't supporting his loan to us, just him as a player. It's ridiculous for you to say he's Martins, except worse when he's 20 and plays a completely different game them him. He's been immense for us this World Cup, he does every little thing no one notices and continues to get flack for it.

Should have guessed you were American! Every American on the internet is on instant USA Defence as soon as anything remotely negative is said. Though, I had read earlier in the thread about people saying to take him on loan, so assumed the conversation had carried on. I still stick by what I said though - all physical, no pyschology or technical to his game

*Refers to FA 4 Corner Long Term Player Development table*

Guest MrSundlofer

Winston Reid (centre back/right back) of New Zealand has been outstanding in the world cup.....currently playing for a team in Denmark. Though he costs more than zero so might be out of our price range.

Reid has stood out to me as well, looks like he could play at a decent level.

Former Danish U21 too iirc. Think they said he's playing for Midtjylland(sp) so I think we could get him for around 1.5-2m.

Football experts in Denmark don't rate him at all. He has played well in this World Cup but he would be decent, just decent in the Championship. Nothing for our squad in the Premiership.

Guest MrSundlofer

Kevin Prince-Boateng, Anthony Annan and Robert Vittek to much to ask for?  :aww:  :-[

Would love Kevin-Prince Boateng and Anthony Annan here!

Kevin Prince-Boateng, Anthony Annan and Robert Vittek to much to ask for?  :aww:  :-[

Vittek btw is pretty awful (despite the 3 goals he's scored at the world cup so far). He wasn't good enough für Nurenberg. And they are an awful club.

And I really really don't think we need Boateng. We have enough of these kind of players in Barton and Carroll. We don't need another player who is "dangerous".

Altidore is from the same generation as Freddy Adu and whats he doing now? He's athletic, as any American would be, but he's not a pure footballer. He's all the best bits of Martins and all the worst bits too x10.

Dude, he's 20-years old.

Well aware of his age, doesn't make my point any less valid. He's pace and strength, with erratic form, poor technique and no composure. Yes, those are part of the game that come with age, but good players have usually developed at least some technique and composure by the age of 20 (certainly the better ones).

Would be interesting to see what Drogba's technique and composure were like aged 20.

He was a nothing player at that age. Left Le Mans for Guingamp for 80 grand. Seems to have peaked at the late end of his career, 32 nowand at the top of his game. Having said that Drogba is a different player to Altidore.

I left Vittek in there just because of the game today, so I have no idea how he usually performs at club lever, so ok.

Boateng and Annan are pacy, athletic and good at their respective jobs in midfield. We wouldn't get so easily over run in midfield like we have been used to the last two seasons with them. Both should be able to aquire at a pretty decent fee as well.

Make it happen Ashley, I know you are just jerking us around  :coolsmiley:

Hard to tell really, but I can't see Rosenborg demanding more then £3m for any player, with some future clauses involved perhaps.

The price tag has surely gone up based on his performances thus far. He's stil relatively young isn't he?  24ish?

Hard to tell really, but I can't see Rosenborg demanding more then £3m for any player, with some future clauses involved perhaps.

The price tag has surely gone up based on his performances thus far. He's stil relatively young isn't he?  24ish?

24 next month. We've got no chance unfortunately. Looks quality.

Rosenborg have no financial issues and will not be forced to sell players to keep running without a loss. They can demand what they want, which probably would be around £5-6 Million given how he's preformed at the WC and the known interest. He'll be off this summer, no doubt, but for only £3 million? No fucking way.

Example: Year before Sapara left they were offered £3.2 Million by Besiktas, he had two years left on his contract and they declined, knowing he wouldn't sign a new contract and that they'd more than likely sell the following year (which they did) at a cut price. Annan is in greater demand than Sapara as well so I highly doubt Ashley would cough up £5-6 Million for one player. They also sold Alexander Tettey for a fee rising to £4 Million, and he was not in any great demand. They might be the only club in Norway that don't have to sell unless they get an offer they're satisfied with.

Vittek btw is pretty awful (despite the 3 goals he's scored at the world cup so far). He wasn't good enough für Nurenberg. And they are an awful club.

And I really really don't think we need Boateng. We have enough of these kind of players in Barton and Carroll. We don't need another player who is "dangerous".

Not that we'd ever get him...but how could you think we don't need someone like Boateng?  He would offer a touch of class and creativity to our midfield.  Would be a fantastic signing.

I know I've suggested Anthony Annan many times before, but he really has shown his quality at the World Cup. He is worth the hype. Exactly what we need too. Unfortunately if he keeps playing well, others clubs will want him and his value will skyrocket. We HAVE to try though.

Guest teepee

Winston Reid (centre back/right back) of New Zealand has been outstanding in the world cup.....currently playing for a team in Denmark. Though he costs more than zero so might be out of our price range.

i've watched him a bit for FC Midtjylland and imo he is one of those players who are playing above their level in a major tournament.... there are quite a few better players around in the danish superleague...

Not that we'd ever get him...but how could you think we don't need someone like Boateng?  He would offer a touch of class and creativity to our midfield.  Would be a fantastic signing.

I haven't doubted his footballing ability. I have doubted his character.

i've watched him a bit for FC Midtjylland and imo he is one of those players who are playing above their level in a major tournament.... there are quite a few better players around in the danish superleague...

Also known as 'doing a Breen'

I know I've suggested Anthony Annan many times before, but he really has shown his quality at the World Cup. He is worth the hype. Exactly what we need too. Unfortunately if he keeps playing well, others clubs will want him and his value will skyrocket. We HAVE to try though.

Surely already far beyond our reach.

Here's the thing: were not going to sign any players who were impressive at the world cup. We've got neither the funds nor the clout to do that.

I would take Koren, Gallas & Paul Scharner.

Am Faye, Paul Robinson (mackem), Lee Hendrie, Shaun Thornton, Gavin McCann, Clinton Morrison & Franck Queudrue  = Me + :lol:

Marlon Harewood is available  :frantic:

Darius Vassell  :frantic:

Quite a few x-Toon juniors on there.