Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Darren Bent has a 'bottom half' clause in his contract that allows him to leave for the price he arrived at. Will likely want to move to a Club that offers top 8 which I seriously doubt NUFC could think of offering.

Carragher, Yakubu and Bent :mackems:

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think there's anything funny about the link with Bent tbh.

Should we go up, my 2 realistic/ideal signings would be Darren Bent and Chris Eagles.

Guest Roger Kint

Should we go up, my 2 realistic/ideal signings would be Darren Bent and Chris Eagles.

Its only been days since Llambias told everyone we wont be making big money transfers and people offer £15m Darren Bent from our biggest rivals as a realistic transfer? :idiot2:

don't know if i posted it a week or so a go but i was talking to a norwegian in town (no, really) who said it was common knowledge in norway that that toon supporting rosenburg lad would be moving in the summer. deal agreed to come here if we get promoted, if we dont then he is off elsewhere.

kai the zero....you heard owt ?

Not a done deal at all. Newcastle have not even made an enquiry.

That the media knows of. And I don't trust anything an agent says.

I trust Rosenborg's assistant coach.

I don't. Trust noone.

Assistant coach have no business saying anything to unsettle the squad even if the media asks something.

Its only been days since Llambias told everyone we wont be making big money transfers and people offer £15m Darren Bent from our biggest rivals as a realistic transfer? :idiot2:

its march allow a few insane ideas.

myself id go for doyle when wolves go down (which they will)

Guest Roger Kint

Doyle would be realistic, the clues in the title of the thread to be honest ;D

Doyle would be realistic, the clues in the title of the thread to be honest ;D

realistic isnt fun,

ronaldo and messi to newcastle in shock statement of intent from mike ashley

Guest geordienorway

don't know if i posted it a week or so a go but i was talking to a norwegian in town (no, really) who said it was common knowledge in norway that that toon supporting rosenburg lad would be moving in the summer. deal agreed to come here if we get promoted, if we dont then he is off elsewhere.

kai the zero....you heard owt ?

Not a done deal at all. Newcastle have not even made an enquiry.

That the media knows of. And I don't trust anything an agent says.

I trust Rosenborg's assistant coach.

I don't. Trust noone.

Assistant coach have no business saying anything to unsettle the squad even if the media asks something.

He wasn't speaking to the media though.

I'd like us to get Jozy Altidore for some reason.

Should of went for him when he left the Sates. His time in Spain seems to have blunted him.  He is more Eddie Johnson than Landon Donovan when it comes to being PL player.

As we have been linked heavily with with Jamie "Scarlett" O'Hara can people tell me how they see him, Guthrie, Jonas & A.N Other would all link up.

O'Hara is a diamond waiting to be polished.

One would suspect he's already Portsmouth's player of the season (Boateng's been good too), and this is his first full season in the premiership. He's also capable of playing on the left of midfield IIRC.

IMO he would be a smart move and a realistic one. I like the fact he is young and has tasted a relegation battle.

Would love O'Hara here but I have a feeling he would flounder here for some reason.  Be it the pressure or us not really being known as a great incubator of youth and skill.  I still would love for us to take a chance though.

O'Hara is a diamond waiting to be polished.

One would suspect he's already Portsmouth's player of the season (Boateng's been good too), and this is his first full season in the premiership. He's also capable of playing on the left of midfield IIRC.

IMO he would be a smart move and a realistic one. I like the fact he is young and has tasted a relegation battle.

I highly doubt they'd let O'Hara go for the reported 3m.  He's a London boy(or near enough) too so we'd have to convince him to move up here with other clubs I'm sure interested. And if he's willing to accept  MA's new wage ceiling of 10k (?) max per week ;)

O'Hara has more movement than Guthrie but is probably a slightly worse passer from what i've seen. That's only because i think Guthrie is a brilliant passer mind.

My only concern is that we won't be able to convince his slutbag to move north.

Guest icemanblue

O'Hara has more movement than Guthrie but is probably a slightly worse passer from what i've seen. That's only because i think Guthrie is a brilliant passer mind.

Isn't she from Liverpool?

Isn't she from Liverpool?

Exactly... she won't want to move north ;)

Doubt it'll come down to what his slutbag thinks tbh.

Fulham and the likes will be able to offer more than we can in wages and that'll probably be the deciding factor.

I'm in full agreement of tightening the purse strings but it's typical that when we're in a situation where we might need to offer a bit more, to convince someone to take a gamble & join a newly promoted club, we're not going to be able too.

Looking at the squad and our young policy (with cheaper wages) I would be looking at the below players:

RB - Nathan Clyne  (hopefully cheap as Palace are skint)

LB - Ryan Bertrand  (read on this forum he is out of contract with Chelsea this summer)

RW - Tom Cleverly  (replacement for Pancrate, read on this forum he is out of contract with Man U this summer)

DM - Fabrice Muamba  (replacement for Butt, Bolton paid £5m for him so not sure how much he'd cost)

LW - Andrew Drive  (has been injured allot for Hearts this season so may get him cheaper than the rumored £5m being quoted last summer)

Would love to see Dorran's from West Brom or O'Hara from Spurs for centre midfield but guess we'd need to sell some of our own midfielders to bring these in.