Macclesfield manager Keith Alexander passes away

Ketsbaia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1255128/Macclesfield-manager-Keith-Alexander-dies-aged-53.html

Macclesfield boss Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53, the club said today.

Alexander, who recently took time off due to illness, passed away after arriving home last night from Macclesfield's League Two match at Notts County.

A statement from the club said: 'It is our sad duty to report that Keith Alexander passed away today after arriving home from Macclesfield Town's game at Notts County last night.

'Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football.

'Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time

:weep:

Guest johnson293

I seem to remember he was ill a few years ago and almost died, cannot remember why though. Seemed a decent manager too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Alexander_(footballer)

The 2003–04 began poorly, and in November 2003 Alexander suffered a cerebral aneurysm. Alexander had been accompanied by his assistant Gary Simpson on a scouting mission that evening but felt ill on returning home and retired to bed. His wife later called an ambulance and Alexander was rushed to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in time for potentially life saving surgery. His condition slowly improved and he returned to work in February 2004, where Simpson had been acting as caretaker manager.

Guest GAMMELL

RIP.

I think I seen a clip on Soccer Saturday couple of weeks ago and he was commenting on how well he was feeling and he was really looking to the future etc... so tragic

Guest GAMMELL

RIP.

I think I seen a clip on Soccer Saturday couple of weeks ago and he was commenting on how well he was feeling and he was really looking to the future etc... so tragic

What a liar.

:thdn: