Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

Luke Edwards ‏ @LukeEdwardsTele

Stories circulating WBA have been approached by FA to speak to Roy Hodgson abt England job. No approach to Spurs 4 Redknapp. Hmmmm

8:06 PM - 29 Apr 12

ITK

I hope he turns it down, I hope he learned his lesson from leaving Fulham to go to Liverpool.

Not a chance.

Then he deserves absolutely everything he's going to get.

Why?

I hope he turns it down, I hope he learned his lesson from leaving Fulham to go to Liverpool.

Not a chance.

Then he deserves absolutely everything he's going to get.

Why?

Does this even need an answer?

Everyone saw him leaving Fulham to go to Liverpool as a huge mistake, again he finds himself in the same position, in a comfortable job for life should he keep up his standards and again he could go chasing 'the dream' all I can say is don't, use this as an opportunity to get himself an improved deal at WBA and some funds for next season, that'll be him learning from his past mistakes.

Grass isn't always greener, he of all people should know this, it's not exactly a lifetime ago all this happened. Nothing worse than an old fool and a stubborn one at that. If England are going to fail (which they will under Hodgson for all the obvious reasons pointed out) I want it to be Harry's career ended, he and the FA deserve each other.

Everyone saw him leaving Fulham to go to Liverpool as a huge mistake, again he finds himself in the same position, in a comfortable job for life should he keep up his standards and again he could go chasing 'the dream' all I can say is don't, use this as an opportunity to get himself an improved deal at WBA and some funds for next season, that'll be him learning from his past mistakes.

Grass isn't always greener, he of all people should know this, it's not exactly a lifetime ago all this happened. Nothing worse than an old fool and a stubborn one at that. If England are going to fail (which they will under Hodgson for all the obvious reasons pointed out) I want it to be Harry's career ended, he and the FA deserve each other.

Roy is nearly 65. England will probably be his last job. What can he do at West Brom? Qualifying for Europe with them is unlikely. He might as well give the England job a go.

Hodgson, unlike Redknapp has international pedigree.

In all honesty, I don't see Hodgson setting the world alight with England, but it'll be the players that are the reason why we continuously fail. English football, the national team, coaching and attitudes need a total overhaul before we will ever acheive anything as a footballing nation.

Roy is nearly 65. England will probably be his last job. What can he do at West Brom? Qualifying for Europe with them is unlikely. He might as well give the England job a go.

:thup:

Journos on Twitter are on about the FA wanting to give the next manager a four-year deal. That would probably take Woy up to retirement.

If Roy takes it he'll not see another tournament past this summer.

Fucking hell, sounds like your going to take him out with a high powered sniper rifle.

Sums it up for me. He's clearly an ambitious guy, as his track record suggests. He's never been the sort to sit back and enjoy a cushy job if he can try and advance himself. Why would he stop that now, particularly at a point where he'll have few chances for this kind of advancement in what is arguably the twighlight of his career?

Fucking hell, sounds like your going to take him out with a high powered sniper rifle.

Ok.  :lol:

Sums it up for me. He's clearly an ambitious guy, as his track record suggests. He's never been the sort to sit back and enjoy a cushy job if he can try and advance himself. Why would he stop that now, particularly at a point where he'll have few chances for this kind of advancement in what is arguably the twighlight of his career?

It really is Liverpool all over again.  :lol: what can possibly go wrong?  :lol: