Sunderland...

Heron

Random but I recall after we beat them 4-1 at the SOL being in town afterwards in the Newcastle Arms. There was a bunch of blokes stood around one of those barrel tables and one of them raised his glass and announced.

"Gentlemen, a toast. To mackem misery. May it be long and unrelenting."

The group responded with a "hurrah!"

Cracked me right up, was like witnessing a conglomerate of evil Toon fans planning a dastardly plan for world domination.

One of them arguing it was a bigger achievement to win the league back in 1896 or whenever than it is now because you weren't allowed subs and didn't have big squads back then. Aye because those rules only applied to Sunderland at the time.  :lol:

Guest johnson293

There's a corker Mackem that phones Total Sport quite regular, and was on last night.... sounds as camp as owt!

Made his predictions for the weekend... Mackems to win 4-1, and us to lose 0-6!  ;D

There's a corker Mackem that phones Total Sport quite regular, and was on last night.... sounds as camp as owt!

Made his predictions for the weekend... Mackems to win 4-1, and us to lose 0-6!  ;D

:lol:

Wigan have a decent record against this lot so I wouldn't be surprised if they got something.