Sunderland...

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

Apparently Sunderland didn't allow Carroll to get any shots on goal either. Which is quite frankly too funny.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I could think of 2-3 teams better than Sunderland fans when it comes to SJP visitors.

The way they deserted their club on Sunday I don't think we'll see a worse set of away supporters.

Probably thinking about their ASBOs.

Guest firetotheworks

Apparently Sunderland didn't allow Carroll to get any shots on goal either. Which is quite frankly too funny.

Header v the bar not count then?

Or when he had a header saved just before we scored. Or when Bramble was sent off because he would have been one on one, or when Turner clipped him from either shooting or squaring it to Nolan. They're already trying to rewrite history. They're in complete denial. It's hilarious.

Great to see that nob Horswill admitting to trying to leave the stadium at half time when they were 3-0 down, and being pissed off they werent allowed to leave til 60mins. Top bloke standing by his team as the supposed voice of their fans.

Following it up with "when me and kevin ball were players Nolan wouldnt have got in the box...."

Horswill has been a total cock for weeks,  keeps going on about how we haven't played anyone and we couldn't beat Blackpool etc

Sunderland got hammered off us, beat off West Brom, only drew with Wigan,  i watched that mackems play Liverpool and it was the worst game of football i've seen Liverpool play and they still couldn't beat them.  He needs to be worried about Blackpool, they've beaten us, WBA, Wigan and Liverpool.

Sunderland have played most of the top teams and you can't deny that they've done pretty well, i'll be delighted if we are unbeaten against Man U, Arsenal and Man City at home and get a point at Anfield but it has been pretty negative with 5 in midfield and Bent up front on his own and yes they may only have lost once before Sunday but they forget to mention that the 2 wins were flukes,  battered for 90 mins against Man City, Tevez missing open goals and the City team firing blanks before the mackems get a injury time pen.  Villa also went to the Sos and battered them and the mackems sneak the win with an OG.  They were also saved against Arsenal when Rosicky missed a penalty at the death.

in their draw vs Arsenal they scored a equaliser 30 seconds after injury time should have finished

scored a late late pen in winner vs man c (who have since been lashed at home to Arse and beaten at Wolves)

Drew at Liverpool who have been absolute shite so far (no doubt they will improve soon)

Scored a stupid OG by Dunne against Villa and were absolutely battered for the rest of the match - Heskey missing a sitter only he could miss, and Downing hitting post.

That lashing has been coming, their season so far has reminded me of our relegation season, with cracks being papered over, but eventually those cracks get bigger.

Don't forget their 2 goals against Birmingham being a glorious Stephen Carr own goal and a penalty that shouldn't have been one. :lol:

Numerous penalty claims waved away vs Villa too, especially the Reo-Coker one iirc.

They've been the jammiest team in the league this season.

Their arrogance and overconfidence on RTG is quite simply staggering, not just before Sunday, but now following it the numerous excuses being made.

"It was just a young team against a group of seasoned pros"

"Just one of those days where everything goes there way, we didn't turn up"

"I still think we have the better team and will finish above them come the end of the season"

"They're a longball team and we couldn't deal with hoofing it, and persisted with our more cultured game"

These are all rough quotations that have appeared on their forum. Why can't they just wake up and smell the coffee, they're nowhere near as good as they make themselves out to be and funnily enough we aren't Wimbledon mkII.

They were shown up in front of millions around the world to be gutless on and off the pitch. They will be clutching at every last straw to try and mitigate their shame.

They've been the jammiest team in the league this season.

Their arrogance and overconfidence on RTG is quite simply staggering, not just before Sunday, but now following it the numerous excuses being made.

"It was just a young team against a group of seasoned pros"

"Just one of those days where everything goes there way, we didn't turn up"

"I still think we have the better team and will finish above them come the end of the season"

"They're a longball team and we couldn't deal with hoofing it, and persisted with our more cultured game"

These are all rough quotations that have appeared on their forum. Why can't they just wake up and smell the coffee, they're nowhere near as good as they make themselves out to be and funnily enough we aren't Wimbledon mkII.

what I don't get is the whole seasoned pro thing, yes there is prem experience in plentiful supply in nolan barton and shola but the rest not so much, carroll destroyed their defence but its only his 2nd season of proper first team football and his first in the prem.

i can understand how they reached for the longball crap just taking one look at carroll and shola jump to conclusions even if it is lazy and delusional, we don't play the prettiest football around but we don't hoof mindlessly, theres a difference between how we play our passes and sam allerdyce kick it high and long style. Besides who in their midfield can actually pass? malbranque maybe but cattermole and henderson?

Their defending was worse than usual but otherwise it was a typical Sunderland performance from what I've seen.

"Great, we've got the ball. Don't have the quality in midfield to build up a move, oh well, HOOF, Bent please do something... please?"

Their defending was worse than usual but otherwise it was a typical Sunderland performance from what I've seen.

"Great, we've got the ball. Don't have the quality in midfield to build up a move, oh well, HOOF, Bent please do something... please?"

it really is scary how utterly reliant on bent they are and how none of their midfielders look remotely like scoring, one mistimed tackle from one of the stoke lads and their are 100% down

14/1 to go down on Extrabet with a free £25 matched bet to all new customers. Why not eh? Those odds are huge based on what I've seen of them. Personally think there are teams more likely to go down but at that price it's hard to say no.

strange that we are a long ball team yet have a much better passing accuracy and possession stats...

leave them to their delusions, its all they have left after sunday when their "best team ever" and manager were totally torn apart and the realisation that 1 year alone in the prem from the ne teams and they're still not better than us

14/1 to go down on Extrabet with a free £25 matched bet to all new customers. Why not eh? Those odds are huge based on what I've seen of them. Personally think there are teams more likely to go down but at that price it's hard to say no.

Bruce 20-1 next manager to go.